Manager of Sales and Tourism
- Apr 9, 2016
- Mar 16, 2016
- West Edmonton Mall
The Manager of Sales and Tourism will be responsible for selling and promoting awareness of West Edmonton Mall’s Group Parks and Attractions such as World Waterpark, Galaxyland and Ed’s Rec Room booking packages and programs.
- Increasing the utilization of our facilities by prospecting new clients and opportunities for booking various exclusives, group rentals and unique parks and attractions utilization opportunities.
- Maintaining current relationships with groups, organizations, etc. and development of new business opportunities through group and individual contacts and connections.
- Representing the Parks departments including the World Waterpark, Galaxyland, Marine Life and Ed’s Rec Room during in and out of town sales trips, acting as a representative on professional committees, and soliciting new business through networking and community events as well as trade shows.
- Providing clients with informative presentations and/or Attraction tours outlining the benefits and uses of goods and/or services provided in West Edmonton Mall’s Parks and Attractions.
- Preparing, negotiating and confirming all proposals and confirmations including contracts and function room outlines in coordination with the various parks departments.
- Providing quality assurance checks regularly with current clients to ensure the Group Sales team is meeting their requests and providing exceptional customer service.
- Creating and supplying weekly, monthly and quarterly reports supporting productivity standard and records of contracts to the Director of Operations.
- Overseeing the Group Sales Coordinators and Travel and Tourism Developer and ensuring their targets are being met and they have all materials necessary to complete their sales goals.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with other internal departments and using them as vendors if/when necessary.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree in business and/or marketing.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience selling group services, event space or related sales product.
- Self-driven and the ability to work with minimal supervision adhering to sales based goals, targets and objectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, organizational and public-speaking skills.
- •Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position required Monday through Friday with occasional weekend availability.
- Reliable transportation that allows for both in and out of town travel and sales calls.
- This is a salaried position that will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance and provide a clear Drivers Abstract.