Sales & Catering Manager
- Jul 7, 2015
- Jun 25, 2015
- Mountain Park Lodges
Position: Sales & Catering Manager
*Offering Incentives, Medical & Dental Benefits, Pension Plan*
The Sales and Catering Manager at Mountain Park Lodges will fill an important role to maintain and expand current business and to proactively identify, qualify and solicit new business to achieve personal and MPL revenue goals. As a dynamic, team oriented professional, this person will strive to maintain the excellent reputation of Mountain Park Lodges and work closely with all related department personnel: Sales and Marketing, Food and Beverage, Rooms Division, Accounting, Central Reservations and Hotel Managers.
- Solicit and stimulate catering and banquet business.
- Respond to RFP’s and inquiries, confirming function and guestroom space.
- Conduct site inspections and familiarization tours of properties.
- Research and qualify prospective accounts and maintain existing accounts.
- Maintain a database of leads and follow-up details.
- Timely follow-up of sales leads for group business.
- Attend Trade Shows out of town as required.
- Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing Manager and Regional Sales Manager in sales and marketing activities and initiatives.
Food and Beverage
- Service groups with defined department parameters/hotel protocols and booking procedures.
- Follow up with clients for catering details.
- Assist clients with food & beverage selections, maximizing upselling opportunities.
- Work with the Food & Beverage Manager for approval of special requests while maintaining control of food cost, labour cost and operational logistics.
- Communicate detailed information for client arrivals with regard to room setups, final numbers, all meal plans and dietary restrictions, schedule of events & audio-visual requirements.
- Create floor plans as required and ensure that the client and Restaurant Manager agree to the requests.
- Confirm guestroom allocation, group rate(s) and cut-off dates, reporting to the Rooms Division Manager.
- Confirm deposits to secure function space and deposit/payment schedule according to hotel policies.
- Confirm billing details for groups that have approved credit for billing or wish to obtain credit with Mountain Park Lodges.
- Assist with outstanding balance collection.
- Communicate information to appropriate departments via memos, banquet event orders and rooming lists.
- Client service and follow up involving pre-convention meetings & post-convention follow up for satisfaction feedback and future bookings.
- Participate in weekly Department Head and Food & Beverage Meetings; and Marketing and other meetings as required.
- Lead the training and development of the Sales & Catering Department.
- Enter statistical data in database program and generate necessary reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Management.
- 2-3 years Sales & Catering experience
- Experience and/or education in hotel sales.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Professional personal image with strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with an eye for adding that extra touch.
- Ability to lead and manage a small office team.
- Intermediate level utilizing Microsoft Office.
- Some travel and weekend work.
- Valid Class 5 drivers licence.
- Desire to work within a “Team” environment.
If you are interested in the Sales & Catering Manager position at Mountain Park Lodges please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mountain Park Lodges would like to thank all interested candidates for their applications; however, only candidates short listed for interviews will be contacted.