Payroll and Benefit Analyst (Term)
- Mar 13, 2016
- Feb 29, 2016
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully spirited adventurers lead in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta.
Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and Corporate Administration, the Payroll and Benefit Analyst is responsible for:
- Processing semi-monthly payroll for 80+ team members
- Managing Team Member absence tracking with timecard program
- Preparing T4s, ROEs, reports and year-end reporting
- Administering defined benefit pension program and calculating pension adjustments at year end
- Managing benefits program through SunLife Financial, updating Team Members and facilitating personal spending and disability claims
- Preparing yearly WCB report regarding premiums
- Tracking, forecasting and reconciling the HR budget (Excel and AX)
- Tracking, forecasting and reconciling the payroll budget
- Managing all personnel files, preparing letters, compiling reports
- Assisting and answering Team Member questions daily
- 5+ Years of full cycle payroll experience
- Payroll Certification (PCP or CPM) preferred
- Strong understanding of payroll, benefits and HR concepts
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- 3-5 years of experience working with ADP platforms (Pay@Work, People@Work, Ezlabor, Total Access)
- Familiarity with benefit administration platforms
- Familiarity with defined benefit pension programs
- High degree of accuracy, adhering to all deadlines and ensuring the strictest of confidentiality
- Prior experience working in a unionized environment
Your diploma or degree in Human Resources, Accounting or related area is complemented with five or more years of progressive payroll and benefits administration experience. Payroll certification or in-progress is an asset. Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point, now it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta Employment Status: Maternity Leave Term (Approximately 14 months)
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, and a flexible spending account. This individual will also have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (Employee Assistance Provider).
Closing Date: March 13, 2016
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.