Sales and Marketing Coordinator
- May 9, 2017
- Apr 19, 2017
- Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge and Charlton Resorts
Coordinates the marketing of the hotels and services by successfully executing marketing plans, short and long term. Achieve a high level of customer engagement, increase website traffic and revenue by strategically navigating all aspects of Social Media Marketing.
Director of Sales and Marketing
Duties and ResponsibilitiesMarketing:
- Ensure all websites and marketing collateral have up to date images and descriptions.
- Format content and graphics as required on various platforms.
- Coordinate and maintain collateral materials to support marketing and sales programs.
- Execute direct mail, email and social media campaigns.
- Liaison for Corporate office and Banff Lake Louise Tourism on marketing initiatives.
- Implement monthly calendar of internal and external marketing activities including all hotel promotions.
- Ensure marketing campaigns are posted within the hotel and understood by all team members.
- Maintain current collateral files, this includes but not limited to: Pictures, Logos, videos with various specifications that can be readily available for marketing promotions.
- Develop and implement annual marketing plan for Charltons Banff. Enhance and execute marketing plan from corporate office for Delta. This is done in collaboration with the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Maintain and update marketing budget for advertising and promotions.
- Complete preparation of purchase orders related to marketing.
- Assist the Director of Sales and Marketing to plan and execute all promotional activities and campaigns including print, electronic media, direct mail and tradeshows.
- Communicate with advertising agencies or representatives as it relates to on going campaigns.
- Work with the Director of Sales and Marketing to finalize design, layout, copywriting and overall content of promotional materials and campaigns.
- Evaluate marketing reaction to promotions and adjust strategy in a timely manner.
- Prepare marketing activity reports.
- Develop internal reports to provide post event analysis and regular status reports on marketing programs and promotional events.
- Provide direct administrative and office management to support the Sales Department.
- Through competitive research, build and execute a social media strategy.
- Generate, update, edit and share daily content on approved platforms to create awareness and interaction.
- Set up and optimize pages within each approved platform to increase company’s visibility.
- Consistently analyze social media data metrics and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Collaborate with other departments i.e. Food & Beverage, Human Resources to proactively promote activities/events on approved platforms.
- Maintain all hotel and services social media platforms, keeping in line with Marriott standard for the Delta property.
- Play an active role within the Sales department to perform additional tasks that may be required.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Hotel Management degree
- 3 years experience in marketing, preferably in the Hospitality and Tourism Field
- Excellent inter-personal skills for dealing with clients and peers
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision would be an asset.
- Adequate knowledge of web design and web development.
- Working knowledge of social networking and social analytic tools.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo, video, text) and presentations skills. Must be detailed oriented.
- Advance understanding of Microsoft Office applications and Publisher.
- Team player with a positive attitude