Passenger Processing Lead
- Apr 29, 2016
- Feb 24, 2016
- Concorde Airport Services
Concorde has been providing significant, continuous and expanding services to the Airport Authority for many years. We are honored to add the Customer Care Ambassador Services to our existing portfolio of services which include Technical (since 2011), HVAC (since 2010), Baggage (since 2005), and Janitorial (since 1993). We pride ourselves on providing the best possible level of customer service to passengers, tenants, agencies, and other partners at the Calgary International Airport.
The Ambassador Program’s purpose is to provide an exceptional passenger experience from curbside to gate. Ambassadors will play a critical role helping passengers and other airport users navigate the new terminal and its processes, and supporting passenger movement between the existing terminal and the new international facility, in a friendly, professional, and caring manner. The Customer Care Ambassadors will join the Calgary International Airport’s renowned White Hat Volunteers and the dedicated staff and partners at the airport in providing a passenger experience that is second to none.
The Passenger Processing Lead will supervise and manage all Ambassadors in the Canadian Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection areas and ensure excellent customer service is delivered efficiently and effectively. Specifically, this role focuses on the various passenger processing areas of the new terminal:
- Automated Border Clearance: Assisting and guiding passengers in the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) area.
- Automated Passport Control: Directing and assisting passengers entering the US Customs and Border Protection (US CBA) area.
- Connections Centres: Located in various places throughout the new terminal, assisting passengers who are connecting between international, domestic, and transborder flights in the CBSA and US CBA areas.
As part of the larger Customer Care Ambassador team, this role is integral to addressing YYC’s top priorities - customer satisfaction and operational efficiency. The primary focus of all Customer Care Ambassadors is to provide customer care which means an unwavering focus on proactively assisting, educating, promoting, and directing customers to the services provided at the Airport.
Approximately 50% of the role focuses on Supervisory Duties including:
- Staff and manage the Automated Border Clearance, Automated Passport Control, Connection Centre and US Connection Room Ambassadors;
- Ensure Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection areas are staffed with Ambassadors accordingly;
- Provide relief for coffee breaks, meals, sick leave and vacation leave when required;
- Provide training for Customer Care Ambassadors; and
- Provide operational assistance during irregular operation events (IROPS) as per YYC operational procedures or as directed by the Airport Duty Manager.
Approximately 45% of the role focuses on Assisting Passengers, such as:
- Actively seek out and offer assistance and information to passengers on a continuous basis;
- Be responsible for understanding the passenger services provided at the airport and be able to direct passengers who require or request assistance;
- Engage in continuous customer interaction to assist, educate, promote, and clarify the services being provided at the Airport;
- Collaborate with all airport partners (ie. airline staff, tenant staff, White Hat Volunteers) to ensure high customer service;
- Provide courteous, helpful, and supportive assistance to passengers;
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant information to passengers in an efficient, helpful and transparent manner;
- Take personal pride and ownership of the area of service being provided;
- Have a professional, friendly, welcoming attitude and appearance while providing each arriving, departing and connecting passenger with a friendly, and superior level of care and customer service; and
- Provide updates, suggestions, and recommendations to the Airport Authority on how to improve the Customer Care program.
The last 5% of the role consists of Other Duties such as:
- Rotate with other Customer Care Ambassador roles on a rotational basis.
- Participate in Zone Evacuation Officer program; and
- Perform other duties as required.
- Prolonged standing is required;
- Walking long distances may be required; and
- Shift work may be required; and
- The airport is not a scent free work environment.
Job Classification: Full Time
Pay Rate: $23.32/hour, approximately $48,505 annually
How to Apply:
If you love the idea of creating an exceptional passenger experience at YYC … believe in what the Calgary International Airport can offer Calgary’s residents and visitors … and are interested in joining this outstanding team of Customer Care Ambassadors, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!