Visitor Experience Specialist
- Dec 19, 2014
- Dec 2, 2014
- Tourism Jasper
Tourism Jasper is the Destination Marketing Organization for Jasper and Jasper National Park. We’re a young, energetic, forward thinking team, who are charged with developing and executing on creative solutions to help our Shareholders (select hotels, restaurants, and activities in Jasper) increase revenue through sustainable visitation of targeted consumers to our awesome little town.
Why you’re here:Reporting to the Director, Business Development, you’re the bridge that supports the relationship between TJ and our Shareholders. You lead the charge on Shareholder engagement, by developing strategies for improved communications, training, and support. Running the Visitor Information Centre program is one of your key projects for engagement. You also take the lead for Meetings Incentive Convention Travel (MICE). You lead the VIC team, ensuring they have the training and tools necessary to succeed in showcasing our Shareholders to visitors in destination.
Your Values = Our Values:
Inspire: You inspire the team and enable them to achieve their goals by being a great combination of teammate and collaborator. You inspire our Shareholders and partners by your devotion to enriching the experience of being a part of Tourism Jasper.
Respect: You promote respect in the organization through your dedication to fully understanding everyone’s needs and desires. You are highly respected by the team and our Shareholders because of your fair and empathetic treatment of others.
Collaborate: You embody the spirit of collaboration through your belief that bringing people together achieves success. You continuously collaborate with Shareholders and partners to forge the most effective partnerships for all parties involved.
Accountable: Accountability is ingrained in you. You know that partnerships are only successful if there are checks and balances in place. Being results driven, you have no problem being held accountable for all the great work you do.
Integrity: You show your high level of integrity by being a trusted teammate and partner. Your collaborative nature makes it easy for you to embrace the concept of integrity by always striving to do the right thing, even when no-one is looking.
This is you:
- You’re sporty. You love to coach others score their goals, whether it’s a Shareholder with a request, a team member needing help, or a visitor looking for information. You also love cheering on your team and supporting their efforts. After all you know that is what being a great mentor is all about.
- You’re a communicator. You are thoughtful about what you say and how you say it (you get pumped by a perfectly worded email!) and you’re often told you’re a great listener.
- You’re the ultimate host. You think, “Well, since we invited the guests, we better show them a good time!” Your brain is always abuzz with ideas to help make the party even better.
- You’re the BFF. Everyone likes you because they know you got their back. And because you always take the time to get to know them so well, Shareholders trust you.
- You’re all about the journey. You know that the experience along the way is what makes the destination special.
- You’re good with money. Managing budgets, payroll, and invoices is easy-peasy for you.
- You would have made a great teacher. You like to do everything from creating the curriculum to bonding with students to organizing the field trips.
- You’re a matchmaker at heart. You quickly understand shareholder requests and connect them with the team member that will best be able to help them.
- Oh captain, my captain. You can navigate the stormy waters of multiple stakeholders, conflicting priorities and your crew’s needs even better than Jack Sparrow.
- You may be a bit of a hoarder. Why throw things away when you know you can turn an old product into a dazzling new experience?
- You’re a planner. You love to put on events; whether it is organizing a meeting of the minds, (ensuring they have the equipment, supplies, and brain food), planning team parties or coordinating hotels rooms and meals for visiting guests from the big city.
- You’re an excellent student, grasshopper. You’re always learning because you’re always looking at things in a new light.
You’re armed with:
- At least 3 years under your belt in customer service
- A great record of developing partnerships
- Experience in coaching a team
- An intimate knowledge of Microsoft Office (you especially love Power Point)
- An uncanny ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Crazy good communication skills
- A love of small town living
It would be extra awesome if you:
- Have a background in Festival and Event Management
- Have experience in the Tourism Industry
Your life at Work:
- You’re happy to work in a collaborative environment, where sometimes you have to jump in, regardless of the project
- You’re good to work 40 hours per week
- You’re able to help out after hours for special meetings or events
- You’re ok with some light physical work (mostly bending, reaching, carrying light items, walking and standing)
- You like to hit the road sometimes to meet up with like minded people
How can you join our Team:
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tourism Jasper would like to thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: December 19th, 2014
Last Updated: November 30, 2014