Senior .NET Developer
- Feb 28, 2015
- Jan 6, 2015
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing organization of the Government of Alberta whose mission is to grow tourism revenues with compelling invitations to experience Alberta. Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, then Travel Alberta is the place for you.
Reporting to the Development Manager, and working in an agile development environment, the Senior .NET Developer is responsible for the development and implementation of new generation Travel Alberta software solutions. Working closely with technical and non-technical Team Members the Senior .NET Developer will be responsible for building and delivering the tourism information platform. This individual will play a critical role with architecture implementation and code development.
- Understanding of solid software design principles
- Distributive computing and communications design
- Deployment and test automation (build / test scripts, deployment to test / production environments)
- Solid unit testing ability
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to articulate and communicate architectural and code solutions
- Open communication with technical and non-technical Team Members
- Ability to innovate and think critically
- Keep current with new technologies and techniques
- General web development (C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, SPA, RESTfull services)
- Experience with Azure or Cloud platform would be an asset (VMs, azure storage, queues, azure search, azure web sites, web / worker roles, caching)
- Working with and design document databases would be an asset
- Knowledge of NServiceBus would be an asset
- Powershell would be an asset
Your degree in software development or computer science is complemented with five or more years of hands-on software architecture and .NET web development experience. Your dedication and passion to emerging technologies and continual learning has taken your career to this point. Now, it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment!
This position is based in the Calgary office located in Inglewood
Travel Alberta is looking for two Senior .NET Developers
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Management Employees Pension Plan (MEPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (Employee Assistance Provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s Learning and Development program which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
This year, Travel Alberta has been recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: Open Until Suitable Candidate Found
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to: email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.