Travel Counsellor – Field, BC
- Jul 6, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016
- Banff Lake Louise Tourism
Let your passion, creativity and love of the mountain lifestyle come Alive with Banff & Lake Louise Tourism. This is an exciting summer opportunity as a Visitor Information Travel Counsellor at the Travel Alberta Visitor Information Centre in Field, BC. In this role you will be representing Travel Alberta by enthusing visitors about all that Alberta has to offer and assist them to plan their time in Alberta, promoting attractions and destinations across the province. This position is a seasonal employment term until September 5, 2016 with the possibility of extension until October 10, 2016.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Genuine interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- A passion for promoting entire province of Alberta
- Proficient computer skills
- Maturity to work and live within a small team
- A second language is an asset
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Delivering personalized face-to-face trip planning advice to international and regional visitors
- Promote attractions and destinations across the province of Alberta
- Enthusing visitors to do more and extend their length of stay in Alberta
- Complete administrative tasks such as preparing reports, collecting and entering visitor statistics, maintaining neat and organized brochure and information displays
Pay range: $14.75/hour - $16.75/hour
Additional compensation paid upon completion of contract.
Dormitory style staff accommodation is provided in Lake Louise rent free to the successful candidate!
Qualifications: All candidates must have a high school education and at least one year of customer service experience. Preference will be given to candidates with some post-secondary education in tourism, hospitality and/or a related field. A second language and experience with Alberta’s tourism industry and tourism destinations are considered assets.
Requirements: This position is a seasonal employment term opportunity until September 5, 2016 with the possibility of extension until October 10, 2016. Weekend and Statutory Holiday work is required. Dorm-style accommodation is provided in Lake Louise rent free to the successful candidate. Transportation between Lake Louise and Field is not provided. The successful candidate is responsible for their own transportation and to arrive at work for scheduled shifts. First Aid Certification is required before commencement.
How to apply: Please send your resume to JReineking@BanffLakeLouise.com no later than July 6, 2016. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
What to expect in a role as a visitor information Travel Counsellor in Field?
- You will be representing Travel Alberta by enthusing visitors about all that Alberta has to offer and engage with visitors and assist them to plan their time in Alberta.
- You have an exciting opportunity to gain insight into the tourism industry.
- Primarily busy periods helping visitors combined with downtime for other tasks.
- You will meet some really interesting people from all around the world.
- You will have fun and make new friends.
- You will be working and living in a close knit environment with other staff.
- The work schedule may vary. Normally up to 40 hours/week may be scheduled. A compressed work week may be feasible.
About Field, BC
- The town of Field, British Columbia is located between Lake Louise, AB and Golden, BC in the heart of Yoho National Park and offers plenty of opportunity for outdoor recreation enthusiasts and those who just want a quiet place to relax.
- Field is located 27km west of Lake Louise, about a 20 minutes’ drive.
About Banff & Lake Louise Tourism:
- We are a destination marketing organization (DMO) inspiring the world to experience the indelible awe of Banff and Lake Louise.
- We manage the Field Visitor Centre on behalf of Travel Alberta.
- We provide an exciting and dynamic work environment with a strong emphasis on teamwork