Advisor, Digital Communications
- Apr 21, 2017
- Apr 3, 2017
- Travel Alberta
Reporting to the Manager, Communications, this position is responsible for providing direction, advice, and tactics for digital communication and corporate storytelling activities that align with Travel Alberta’s business, marketing and communication strategy.
- Communication support for a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with integrated teams to ensure seamless coordination between digital activities, public relations programs and creative campaigns
- Develop and execute external communication strategies across owned, earned, paid and social media corporate channels
- Identify community insights and spot trends to inform editorial strategy and recommendations
- Plan and execute web, SEO, SEM, marketing database and email communication activities
- Create compelling and informative content that reflects Alberta’s tourism brand and the people behind it
- Successfully manage project changes, risks, issues and actions
- Regularly exhibit thought leadership on social, influencer and media communication
- A degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a communications role with progressive responsibilit
- Knowledge of communication theory, concepts and best practice
- Strong writing, editing and public presentation skills
- A creative thinker with the right technical competences
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency (Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Strong sense of curiosity and the desire to be ever-innovative
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta
Employment status: Full Time
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Management Employee Pension Plan (MEPP), have free and confidential access to Sun Life’s RightDirections Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s learning and development program, which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
Since becoming a Crown corporation in 2009, Travel Alberta has been recognized with more than 60 awards for brand and marketing and excellence.
Closing Date: April 21, 2017
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations, with the title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.