- Mar 14, 2017
- Mar 7, 2017
- Friends of Jasper National Park
Title: Sales Associate
Terms: Seasonal full time and part time positions available
Reports to: Manager
The Friends of Jasper National Park is looking for a Sales Associate to be part of our dynamic team. This position will help with our fundraising efforts throughout the summer months at our sales outlet, located in the Jasper National Park Information Centre.
The Sales Associate will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of operating a sales outlet, including:
- Providing quality customer service
- Being involved in stock control and management
- Operating cash register and point of sale software
- Developing knowledge of FJNP services/ products, offering referrals and assistance as needed
- Daily cash out report and deposit
- Acting as an ambassador for the Friends and informing visitors that purchases made support programs and projects in Jasper National Park;
- Answer questions in the office and store in a friendly, informative manner;
- Work in cooperation with Parks Canada and Tourism Jasper staff; and
- Complete duties or training opportunities in other areas such as office related duties, special events, projects and programs.
In order to qualify for the position, individuals must outline in his/her cover letter that they meet the following conditions for granting purposes:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Skills & Qualifications
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- experience in a retail environment, including use of computerized register and cash handling;
- excellent communication skills, oral and written. Preference may be given to candidates who are proficient in both of Canada’s official languages;
- the ability to work with the public and volunteers in a friendly, positive, and professional manner;
- strong computer skills, working in a Microsoft environment;
- strong organizational skills with attention to detail;
- creativity, adaptability and the ability to multi-task;
- self-motivation, with an ability to work well on own or with others;
- a passion for wild spaces, the outdoors and Jasper National Park; and
- the physical ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift boxes.
Perks, Benefits & Wages
Employees of the Friends of Jasper National Park will:
- Experience the beauty of Jasper National Park (mountains, lakes, wildlife) and all of the wonderful outdoor adventures that it affords (including hiking, biking, paddling, climbing and more);
- Work for an organization that is passionate about sharing the appreciation, understanding and respect for the natural and cultural history of Jasper National Park;
- Work in a collaborative and creative work environment;
- Earn a competitive wage ($15.25/hr – 14.25/hour plus $1/hour bonus at end of season contract);
- Get great career-related work experience in a collaborative and creative work environment;
- Receive a complimentary backcountry pass for outdoor pursuits in Jasper National Park; and
- Enjoy staff discount in the FJNP Gift Shop which includes books, maps, unique gifts and Canadian-made jewelry.
Please forward your resume and letter of application to:
Friends of Jasper National Park
Attn: Heather Aussant Roy, Co-Manager
P.O. Box 992
Jasper, AB T0E 1E0
Resumes will be accepted until day end on Tuesday, March 14. Please note that we will only contact candidates that have been selected for an interview.