Travel and Tourism Developer - West Edmonton Mall
- Aug 8, 2014
- Jul 8, 2014
- West Edmonton Mall
The Travel and Tourism Developer is responsible for the facilitation and promotion of awareness programs and initiatives for West Edmonton Mall, while developing local and regional promotional campaigns that drive traffic to the property.
• Ability to solicit, negotiate and secure new accounts as well as maintain current client relationships within respective markets.
• Responsible for recommending strategies to develop new business opportunities within these markets, creating monthly action plans.
• Actively prospect for new business opportunities and maintain established accounts within the Tour & Travel market.
• Support and contribute to the goals of the Group Sales team and recommend and implement revenue producing activities and ideas.
• Ability to achieve and exceed set monthly and quarterly revenue quotas, as well as meet and exceed weekly prospecting goals, through site visits and sales calls.
• Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly reports as required.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet the guest needs, as well as take part in sales trips both inside and outside of Alberta to promote West Edmonton Mall.
• Participating in activities inside and outside of the Mall to network, build relationships and secure new business. Have a strong presence in the local market.
• Participating in FAMS, Sites, Entertainment, Tradeshows and Industry events.
• Ability to create and present information to internal and external clients using various Microsoft Office platforms, including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
• Maintaining relationships with tourism organizations, including but not limited to Travel Alberta, Edmonton Economic Development Corporation, and other related organization, to promote and increase awareness of West Edmonton Mall products, services and attractions.
• Other responsibilities as required.
• A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years-experience working in the tourism, travel, attractions or destination marketing industries with a minimum 50% tourism client base.
• Post-secondary education in tourism, sales, marketing or a related discipline.
• Experience in hotel sales, SMERF or Tour & Travel markets an asset.
• Excellent relationship and understanding of Canadian tourism commissions and direct exposure to Edmonton’s tourism market as an asset.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and must be comfortable speaking in front of a group.
• Must be a team player and self-starter with strong organizational skills.
• Individuals must have exceptional organizational, time management, communication, and computer skills and abilities.
• Must have own reliable transportation and be able to pass a basic security clearance.
Terms of Employment:
• This is a full time position that requires flexible availability and be able to travel internationally for work purposes.
• This is a salaried position that depends on experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants can submit a resume with an attached cover letter to:
West Edmonton Mall Human Resources Office
1755, 8882-170 Street, Waterpark lobby
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.