Restaurant Chef – C200
- Jul 10, 2015
- Jul 2, 2015
- Mountain Park Lodges
POSITION: Restaurant Chef – C200
*Offering Benefits and Incentive Programs Salary commensurate with experience*
A high standard of food service in every Mountain Park Lodge Restaurant is vital for the Company’s operations; when a guest is unhappy with the food it impacts the hotel’s reputation and future success. Providing guests with an exceptional gastric experience is at the heart of everything we do in Mountain Park Lodge’s Food & Beverage (F&B) Department. The Sous Chef plays a vital role in achieving the F&B Department’s Goals and Objectives.
- Must possess 3 to 5 years directly related experience; equivalencies will be considered.
- Degree from a Professional Institute or Apprenticeship Program, i.e. Red Seal of Journeyman’s Certification is preferred.
- Must possess current Food Safe and W.H.M.I.S. Certificates, and be familiar with the proper management of these programs, in accordance with Provincial Health Regulations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while leading a Kitchen Team of up to 12 people; strong supervisory, leadership and training skills are essential.
- Working knowledge of portion control, menu design, labour costing, purchasing, catering and event planning, supported by knowledge in food safety, hygiene and sanitation.
- Progressive approach and attitude in support of F&B Departmental goals and objectives.
- Must be a team player with strong inter-personal and communication skills with a focus on building a strong and dynamic Team environment.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills are essential.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be neat and clean in appearance.
- Responsible for maintaining budgeted food and labour targets.
- Train all staff to ensure consistency in the preparation and execution of high quality food products.
- Order all food and kitchen supplies in accordance with Corporate Guidelines.
- Assist in researching and implementing new trends and ideas in food service.
- Ensure schedules, labour standards and costs are adhered to.
- Provide on-going evaluations and communicate regularly with the Executive Chef and the Executive Sous Chef on the appropriate staffing levels in your kitchen.
- Work with HR, the Executive Chef and the Executive Sous Chef in the implementation of MPL’s Culinary Training Program to ensure the on-going development of your Kitchen Team.
- Direct all kitchen operations, including but not limited to, assisting the Executive Chef and the Executive Sous Chef with the development of standardized recipes, cost and portion controls, food inventories, and the execution of high quality food products.
- Train all staff to ensure food orders are quickly and efficiently prepared in accordance with accepted Mountain Park Lodges’ (MPL) recipes, guidelines, standards and expectations.
- Train all kitchen staff in order to maintain a high standard of safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Perform the duties of other members of your Kitchen Team (‘fill in’) where required.
- Be aware of, train, and regularly review MPL’s Disability Management protocols to ensure compliance.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Executive Sous Chef and the Executive Chef.
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is in good operating condition.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mountain Park Lodges would like to thank all interested candidates for their applications; however, only those short listed for interviews will be contacted.