Business Development and Performance Manager
- Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 2, 2016
- Government of Alberta
Job Title: Business Development and Performance Manager
Job ID: 1038871
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Scope: Open competition
Closing Date: November 14, 2016
Classification: Senior Manager 1
Ministry: Environment and Parks
Alberta's provincial park system inspires people to discover, value, protect and enjoy the natural world and the benefits it provides for current and future generations
Alberta Parks now has 476 land bases throughout the province, ranging from areas of high recreation development to strict nature preserves. Tens of thousands of visitors stay over night in one of Alberta Parks' 250 campgrounds and many millions more participate in a wide range of recreational activities during the day. Alberta Parks are also hosts of and catalysts for tourism development in communities across the province.
Do you enjoy being in nature and exploring the wonders of Alberta's spectacular provincial park system? Do you have a passion for business and experience in recreation and tourism development? Join us to help guide the future of the business of Alberta Parks.
Reporting to the Director of Policy and Strategic Business Supports, this leadership role will be instrumental in strategically shaping the direction of recreation and tourism product development, revenue generation, business analysis and planning, corporate performance, data analytics and information management for Alberta Parks.
As the Business Development and Performance Manager, your work will direct, define, and achieve the business outcomes of Alberta Parks.
- Work to establish fiscal sustainability, revenue generation and program evaluation frameworks
- Lead the analysis and development of existing and new visitor products and attractions
- Lead growth of business analytics program, including the use of data from digital platforms AlbertaParks.ca, ReserveAlbertaParks.ca and social media, to better understand customer behavior and market opportunities, expand service and product offerings, deliver effective marketing strategies and foster revenue generation
- Participate in and provide expertise on cross-ministry and sectoral initiatives to integrate and strengthen tourism development strategies and deliverables
- Manage the development of business performance metrics and indicators, business plans and operational plans
- Develop data, analysis and reporting to support program areas including regional operations, environment monitoring and system planning
- Formulate program direction for socio-economic research and economic modelling
- Manage the enterprise information and records management for Alberta Parks
- Create business process efficiencies, particularly within information systems, and lead the transition to electronic records management
- Lead Alberta Parks risk management and business continuity planning
- Lead and manage unit operations, budgets, and staff.
- The minimum requirements of the role are:
- A post graduate degree such as an MBA or Master's in Economics, Information Systems Management, Marketing, or a related field
- 5 years' experience in a role involving product development, business analytics, enterprise information management, business performance, data analytics, revenue generation strategy, market research
- Strategic and operational planning experience
- Management or senior supervisory experience in program/project management related to the role
- Experience managing specialists
Equivalencies will be considered as a degree in business, economics, information systems management, marketing or a related field plus a minimum of 7 years' experience in the areas listed above.
Assets to the role include:
- Additional related experience in the areas listed above
- Government experience in business interdepartmental planning and cross-government projects
- Experience in Parks, Recreation, or Tourism related business
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. The links below will assist you with understanding competencies: http://www.chr.alberta.ca/APSCompetencies
Drive for Results - Aligns different groups within Alberta Parks to achieve their goals and realize broader outcomes.
Systems Thinking - Integrates broader context of business and operational goals within the Ministry and Division into team's strategic planning.
Creative Problem Solving - Creates the environment for innovative problem solving.
$3,352.75 to $4,574.56 bi-weekly ($87,507 to $119,396 annually)
This position may be used to fill future vacancies across the Government of Alberta, at equal or lower classification and salary.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan: http://www.chr.alberta.ca/employees/DocList134.cfm
- Pension plan: http://www.pspp.ca/members/publications/PSPP_Member_Handbook.pdf http://www.mepp.ca/members/publications/MEPP_Member_Handbook.pdf
- Health Spending Account: http://www.chr.alberta.ca/Practitioners/?file=benefits/healthspendingacct/overview&cf=2
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Please ensure that this document is saved using the naming convention of your first name then last name (Joe_Smith). Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Clotilde Santos-Carreiro, Environment and Parks, Human Resources, 4th Floor, Petroleum Plaza, South Tower, 9915-108 Street, Edmonton, AB, T5K 2G8.
Fax: (780) 427-2513.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) -http://eae.alberta.ca/labour-and-immigration/overview-of-immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.aspx It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
To be posted soon.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Clotilde Santos-Carreiro at ESRD.HRS@gov.ab.ca. If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check http://www.jobs.alberta.ca for a listing of current career opportunities with the Government of Alberta.