Coordinator, Marketing & Communications
- Oct 29, 2015
- Oct 15, 2015
- Tourism Jasper
Why we're here:
Tourism Jasper is the Destination Marketing Organization for Jasper and Jasper National Park. We’re a young, energetic, forward thinking team, who are charged with developing and executing on creative solutions to help our Shareholders (select hotels, restaurants, and activities in Jasper) increase revenue through sustainable visitation of targeted consumers to our awesome little town.
Why you're here:
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, you provide administrative support and active coordination of the marketing team’s activities and initiatives. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in the evolution of creative and compelling content that increases the destination brand visibility in traditional and digital marketing campaigns. This position works with shareholders and local businesses to manage Tourism Jasper’s online presence through our website and other online channels.
- Inspire: You inspire because you’re so passionate about what you do. You live and breathe inspiration, whether it is inspiring a potential visitor to visit, a teammate to see how they contribute, or a Shareholder or partner to see your creative vision.
- Respect: You promote respect in the organization through your dedication to making the digital world an easier one for us to navigate. You are highly respected by the team and our Shareholders because of your relentless pursuit of seamless online delivery.
- Collaborate: You embody the spirit of collaboration through your belief that bringing offline and online together achieves success. You continuously collaborate with Shareholders and partners to create the most effective strategies for all parties involved.
- Accountable: Accountability is ingrained in you. You love to measure everything you do and being results driven, you have no problem being held accountable for all the great work you do. Integrity: You show your high level of integrity by being a trusted teammate and partner. Your collaborative nature makes it easy for you to embrace the concept of integrity by always striving to do the right thing, even when no-one is looking.
This is your role:
As the Coordinator, Marketing & Communications, you will:
- Work with the Marketing & Communications team and assist with the coordination and execution of marketing & media campaigns and initiatives
- Communicate marketing & media information to shareholders and industry partners
- Assist in the coordination of media visits, itinerary planning and hosting
- Support the development of the Tourism Jasper brand
- Assist in the tracking and monitoring of media and consumer direct marketing campaign key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Invoice management and cooperative investment submissions/tracking
- Development of marketing & media cooperative funding proposals
- Establish and foster strong relationships with Shareholders, Stakeholders, Partners and Industry.
- Assist with the planning and execution of regional marketing campaigns
- Assist in creating compelling social media content
- Assist with administrative support to the Marketing & Communications team
- Various other duties as required or assigned
- Relevant post-secondary education / minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing & communications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of key performance metrics and experience with Google Analytics or similar
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have experience in the travel & tourism industry
- Have experience with media & public relations
- You’re happy to work in a collaborative environment, where sometimes you have to jump in, regardless of the project
- You’re good to work 40 hours per week
- You can sit at a desk a lot of the time (It’s ok, you’re adventurous enough outside of work)
- You’re able to help out after hours for special meetings or events
- You’re ok with some light physical work (mostly bending, reaching, carrying light items, walking and standing)
- You like to hit the road sometimes to meet up with likeminded people
Join our team:
Please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Director, Marketing & Communications
Tourism Jasper would like to thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.