Park Communicators, Kanananaskis Country and Fish Creek
- Feb 21, 2014
- Feb 10, 2014
- Alberta Parks - Kananaskis Region
Seasonal Employment Opportunity: Park Communicators - Kanananaskis Country and Fish Creek. This competition will also be used to fill a Program Administrator Position in Fish Creek Provincial Park, and a Backcountry Bookings Administrator position based in Kananaskis Country.
Are you passionate about outdoor recreation in the Kananaskis Region? Do you want to help people connect with nature? Are you a great verbal communicator?
Alberta Parks is seeking personable individuals with a passion for the outdoors and excellent customer service skills to fill part-time and full-time Park Communicator positions, position at the Elbow Valley, Peter Lougheed Provincial Park and Barrier Lake Visitor Information Centres.
• Providing area information and orientation to visitors with a focus on public safety
• Reply to inquiries concerning visitor facilities, recreational opportunities, natural and cultural history, route selection, wildlife, environment issues and potential hazards in the mountain environment
• Rove trails and facilities to develop an understanding of the area and to gather first-hand information on conditions, visitor use and the experiences offered by Alberta Parks
• Contribute to the gathering and sharing of written information about Alberta Parks as part of a dynamic information and outreach team
• Positions run from May 5th to Labour Day with extensions possible
• Positions include both full-time (36.25hr/week) and part-time (14.50 hr/wk to 29.00 hr/wk) options
• Wages approximately $19.82/hour (plus 11.2% holiday pay) with an additional $2.25/hour on weekends
• All Park Communicators are expected to work weekends throughout the summer
• Excellent verbal communication skills and comfort dealing with people from diverse backgrounds
• Basic knowledge of Kananaskis Country’s trails, facilities and natural environment
• Passion for the outdoors and experience with common mountain recreational activities
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; Adobe Acrobat is an asset
• Retail sales experience is an asset
• Class 5 drivers license is an asset
• Valid basic first aid certification (required prior to commencement)
• These positions may have opportunities for extension into the Fall and Winter seasons
• Dorm-style rental accommodation may be available
To apply: Please submit one file (MS Word or PDF) which includes your cover letter and resume to:
Ensure that “Parks Employment” is included in the subject line
All Résumés Must Be Received By 4 pm, Tuesday February 21st, 2014
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be held on March 1st and 2nd.
The Kananaskis Public Engagement Section is committed to diversity. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply.