Kitchen Manager – Pocahontas Cabins (Seasonal Position)
- Apr 22, 2015
- Mar 20, 2015
- Mountain Park Lodges
The Pocahontas Cabins are located in a peaceful area, just 25 minutes away from the bustling town of Jasper. Next to a diversity of natural attractions and wildlife, these cabins are the perfect place to stay to experience your own mountain retreat. The Kitchen Manager position is a seasonal role for the months of May - October with the opportunity for long-term employment after the summer at one of our other five properties in Jasper National Park. Private, on-site subsidized accommodation is available for this position.
- Ensure a high quality and consistent food product is served.
- Ensure food orders are quickly and efficiently prepared in accordance with accepted Mountain Park Lodges recipes and expectations. Assist with standardized recipes, costing and portion controls. Assist in researching new trends and ideas in food service. Ensure schedules, labour standards and costs are adhered to.
- Assist in directing all kitchen operations including but not limited to supervising, purchasing, hiring, food preparation and execution.
- Take a leading role in training of staff. Maintain a high standard of sanitation and cleanliness constantly.
- Assist with all food and beverage inventories.
- Perform the duties of all other kitchen positions when required.
- Perform other related duties as directed by Executive Chef.
- Minimum grade 12 education. Strong supervisory skills essential. Ability to train staff effectively.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to accept direction.
- Strong knowledge of portion control, menu design, labour costing, purchasing, food safety and sanitation, and human resources.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Good guest service skills. Aggressive attitude in achieving departmental goals. Must be able to and desire to work within a Team concept.