Content Marketing Specialist
- Apr 28, 2017
- Apr 11, 2017
- CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures
The CMH mission is to guide you through life changing mountain experiences.
Our Vision is to be recognized as the world leader of guided mountain experiences – by our guests, our employees, our partners and our communities.
- Safety as a cornerstone.
- Share our passion – every day.
- Always act with integrity.
- We work as a team.
- Aim for best.
- Balance our social, fiscal and environmental responsibilities.
With 50+ years of experience CMH has evolved into North America’s largest Heli-Skiing and guided-adventure company, operating 12 lodges in the winter and 2 in the summer throughout BC, Canada. Our central office is located in Banff, Alberta.
Content Marketing Specialist
CMH’s Content Marketing Specialist is a talented, passionate and detail oriented writer with the ability to not only create shareable content for CMH’s global audiences, but will aid in the planning, development and project management of our content marketing and events strategy.
While the primary focus of your role is to create & curate content for our social media platforms, emails, website, blogs and traditional marketing materials, you’re also an experiential thinker bringing data-driven insights and ideas to the table with the ability to bring them to life across multiple channels.
This position supports the content needs of marketing, sales and guest services functions meaning ideally, you’ve got an understanding of integrated marketing and are comfortable collaborating with multiple teams.
- Writing digital content including eMail, blog posts, web copy and other marketing materials as assigned.
- Managing the tactical execution of our Social Media strategy including managing, monitoring and responding to community postings on all channels – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and new channels as appropriate.
- Working cross-functionally with team members to coordinate and support CMH’s global marketing and event strategies
- Understanding of influencer marketing and incorporation of relevant influencers into our content strategy.
- Continually keeping abreast of content marketing trends, including keeping a pulse on potential collaborative opportunities with partners within the tourism, endemic and other brand aligned industries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Your degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related area is complemented with two - four years of experience working in social media or content writing in a corporate setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Possesses ability to identify potential issues and quickly work with the team to manage and respond to such situations in a timely and professional manner.
- An eye for details, excellent grammatical skills and the ability to develop multi-channel content that requires little or no editing.
- Ability to conceive, draft, proofread and edit written materials quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, working with a high degree of independence.
- Experience in being part of a team completing a project from start to finish.
- Demonstrated and measurable success with social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube.
- Strong understanding of social media publishing standards for organic content sharing and adhering to brand standards.
- Experience in magazine writing, blogging and content development.
- Proven understanding of the kinds of content that generates engagement online, and the ability to articulate those qualities.
- Understanding of social measurement and KPI’s.
- Knowledge of the tourism industry is considered an asset.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position will require a flexible work schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis
Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
Applicants should visit www.cmhski.com/jobs to apply through our job board