Director, Sales & Business Development
- Mar 27, 2017
- Jan 27, 2017
- Canadian Mountain Holidays (CMH)
With 50+ years of experience, Canadian Mountain Holidays LP (CMH) has evolved into the world’s largest Heli-Skiing and Heli-Hiking company, operating 11 lodges in the winter and 2 in the summer throughout British Columbia, Canada. The business’s central office is located in Banff, Alberta Canada.
The CMH mission is to guide you through life changing mountain experiences.
Our Vision is to be recognized as the world leader of guided mountain experiences – by our guests, our employees, our partners and our communities.Our Values
- Safety as a cornerstone.
- Share our passion – every day.
- Always act with integrity.
- We work as a team.
- Aim for best.
- Balance our social, fiscal and environmental responsibilities.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Intrawest is an industry leader in the development and management of four season mountain resorts. Intrawest has interest in a network of resorts and businesses including CMH across North America. Intrawest is a publicly traded company (NYSE:SNOW).
Business Unit: CMH Sales
Position Reports to: President, CMH
Reports: 3 direct, up to 40 indirect
As a key member of the CMH Leadership Team reporting to the President, the Director Sales & Business Development is responsible and accountable for leading the development of the annual and on-going Inside and Outside Sales, Guest Services, Revenue Management, Business Development, and Product Development strategies.
The primary objective for this role is to provide sales expertise, insights and direct assistance to growing the revenue for the winter and summer product offering. The Director Sales & Business Development will build a close working relationship with the Director of Marketing, Director of IT/IS, GM and Director of Operations, Revenue Optimization Manager and Director of Finance.
The Director of Sales & Business Development will oversee and direct Sales Representatives in key markets and an Inside Sales team based in Banff. Never comfortable with the status quo, the Director of Sales & Business Development will always look for opportunities to grow the sales team and to increase revenue.
He/she will continuously lead the team to enhance their product knowledge and to use Salesforce.com and other technologies to develop and maximize pipeline growth and increase conversion.
In addition, the Director Sales & Business Development will be the company lead on the development and growth of the summer business. He/she will leverage existing travel/trade relationships and they will seek out new partners, channels and re-sellers to expose CMH to a broader audience.
This person must possess an intimate knowledge of the luxury tourism business as well as an understanding of the key strategic moves the company must make to be successful. This person must be operationally aware and willing to collaborate with area management and operations teams to grow the business while maintaining CMH’s culture of safety and risk management.
Duties and Areas of Responsibility
- Leading, coaching, and managing the Inside and Outside Sales Reps and the Inside Sales Manager to develop and meet weekly, monthly and annual sales targets.
- Leading the Sales Enablement Manager to ensure that the sales teams are well trained and that they’re using industry-leading sales tactics to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Oversee the Guest Services team to ensure industry leading guest experience in the sales, reservations, booking, and customer service areas.
- Company lead on the use of Salesforce.com. Continually evolving the use of the tool to drive increased effectiveness and conversion of the sales team, to manage pipeline growth and to automate processes where possible.
- Continually reviewing existing reporting and analytics to ensure they are meaningful, relevant and efficient.
- Lead revenue management team with a focus on developing pricing and promotion strategies to increase revenue and yield.
- Act as a key contributor regarding product management with a view towards developing products to fill key demand areas.
- Develop new channel partners for the summer business – always looking for new opportunities to grow summer visitation and revenue through increased distribution.
- Lead CMH business development efforts including but not limited to business partnerships, meeting and incentive groups, and new distribution channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; a degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Marketing is preferred; an MBA would be considered an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SalesForce.com and advanced computer functionality required.
- Minimum 6-10 years’ experience in the ski/ride resort, hospitality, or tourism industry desirable.
- Work experience with Sales, Marketing, Strategy, and / or Product / Revenue Management required.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed revenue targets in multiple markets.
- Ability/willingness to travel in certain months.
- Ability to legally work in Canada with the ability to travel internationally.
- Track record of success in global markets.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties & responsibilities.
- NOTE: This position must submit to and pass a criminal background check and credit check on condition of employment.
Knowledge and Interpersonal Skills Required
- Is honest and demonstrates integrity.
- Follows established policies and procedures.
- Is able to manage confidential information.
- Reports to work exhibiting a professional appearance within defined guidelines.
- Is supportive of CMH mission and core values.
- Sets a positive attitude for others to follow.
- Is comfortable challenging established policies and procedures, but once decisions are made, is supportive of decisions.
- Is organized and capable of performing multiple tasks.
- Is trustworthy and self-directed in work tasks.
- Sees projects through to completion including follow-ups on any identified issues or long-term concerns.
- Is able to handle a fast-paced working environment.
- Is flexible with days and hours of work, based on business needs.
- Prioritizes, and re-prioritizes personal time versus work.
Leaders are expected to demonstrate competencies in the following core areas:
Demonstrates Personal Excellence:
Is honest and principled; develops self and inspires others; exhibits confidence and courage, has authenticity, is genuine and does not hide behind authority.
Builds and Fosters Relationships:
Shares knowledge, has organizational savvy; works across the enterprise through effective communication and strong executive presence.
Champions the Customer:
Understands the needs and behaviors of key customer segments, anticipates needs and seeks to create value for the customer.
Develops Successful Strategies:
Is strategically focused and agile, has global industry awareness and a strong business acumen.
Creates the New and Different:
Is innovative, insightful and optimistic about change, takes calculated risks.
Builds Diverse Talent:
Empowers people, celebrates success, and drives high performance. Develops the capabilities of others as a role model, a coach and a mentor.
Plans proactively, organizes work and mobilizes resources against key priorities, initiates actions and drives decisions, maintains focus on priorities, is accountable.
Other Duties as Assigned:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of CMH, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the details associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of CMH to be a positive influence on the transformation of our products and associated lines of business.
This is a permanent, full-time position located at Canadian Mountain Holidays (CMH) Banff, Alberta, Canada office. Business/mailing address and work location: 217 Bear Street, Box 1660, Banff, Alberta T1L 1J6. A competitive compensation package will be provided including a base salary range of $110,000 - $155,000 CAD annually – based on qualifications, experience and skill set – and an annual bonus eligibility of 32.5%. Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 30% discount on retail shop merchandise
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
- Pro deals from suppliers, when available
For Information, Please Contact:
Mike Kerr or Heather Fookes
530, 1000 – 7 Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta, T2P 5L5
Phone: (403) 263-0600
Additional information can be found at www.daviespark.com