Sport Tourism Development Manager
- Mar 4, 2016
- Feb 17, 2016
- Fort McMurray Tourism
The Sport Tourism Development Manager is responsible for the growth, increased participation and continuous development of sport tourism in the Wood Buffalo Region. Use your experience as a networker and strategic planner to prospect, generate interest, market and close deals to position the region as a community of choice for sporting events to various organizations. You will update, evaluate & execute a strategic plan for sport engagement. You will identify sport events to attract and then plan & deliver persuasive approaches that will convince sport organizations to hold sport events in the region. You will support strategic bid opportunities for sport events, strengthen sport tourism related partnerships, identify services required to support & enhance existing sport events along with optimizing the use of facilities & volunteers and growing the capacity of local sport organizations.
About Fort McMurray Tourism (FMT)
FMT is the recognized Destination Management Organization for the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, responsible for marketing, product & experience development, sports tourism etc.
- Initiate, develop & maintain cooperative relationships with key stakeholders,
- Partner and interact with the Canadian Sports Tourism Alliance (CSTA),
- Develop effective & innovative lobbying strategies to industry & government,
- Update & act upon the tactical sales & marketing plan related to venue & sport user groups,
- Initiate collateral development, business development, and sales & marketing focused activities to activate the Sports Strategic Plan, in conjunction with the Experience Manager,
- Compile & assemble information to produce business development or bid proposals,
- Attend sport events and related trade shows in order to identify opportunities,
- Be a subject matter expert & provide strategic & tactical input to government bodies,
- Establish sustainable annual operating budgets for sport tourism
Education and Experience
- Degree in Sports Management, Tourism, Business or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience at a mid to senior level in networking, project management, event management, stakeholder relations, budgeting and fiscal accountability.
- Involvement, experience with an event, knowledge & awareness of sport & sport tourism landscape, key players, business models and the ways they do business.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint software & competent in Microsoft Office Suite.
Apply For This Position
Please submit a covering letter, resume, salary expectations, availability to start and source of position posting to Ms. Denise Barrow, Office Manager at email@example.com. E-mail Ms. Barrow to obtain the full job description. Only candidates that meet the requirements will be contacted.
Submission Deadline: March 4, 2016 by 4pm MST