Manager, Global Media
- Feb 5, 2016
- Jan 14, 2016
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully-spirited adventurers lead in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta.
Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, then Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
Reporting to the Director, Global Media & Content, the Manager, Global Media is responsible for the following:
- Develop and execute with the team a comprehensive multi-channel Travel Media Relations and Social Media strategy to promote all regions of the province.
- Lead global social media strategy and execution with the team, including overall brand presence, growth in engagement and audience; organic and paid content performance for Travel Alberta’s core consumer social media channels.
- Guide and manage in-market North American and international travel media and social media agencies ensuring KPIs are met and solid collaboration with Travel Alberta business units and tourism industry partners.
- Team leadership providing strategic and day-to-day coaching and direction for the Media team comprised of the Social Media Manager, Social Media Specialist and Global Media Specialists.
- Ongoing leadership with the Alberta tourism Industry and national tourism partners.
- Manage budget development and forecasting and making recommendations regarding fund allocations for travel media and social media globally.
- Review and manage the approval of project requests, purchase orders, contracts and oversee monthly and annual media and social media measurement.
- Proven leadership experience, ability to coach, negotiate and work collaboratively with Team Members and industry stakeholders.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of social media marketing and travel media relations both in Canada and international markets. Experience managing remotely located teams is preferred.
- Strategic mindset and natural ability for proactive storytelling through social media and travel media relations.
- Strong critical thinking and strategic understanding of changing media and social media environments.
- Knowledge of issues and trends impacting the tourism industry.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong budgetary skills, ability to manage project costs, revenue and variances in accordance with approved budgets.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Alberta tourism industry and the Alberta government is considered an asset.
Your degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related area is complemented with seven or more years of progressive social media, marketing and travel media relations experience. You have at least five years’ experience leading and managing teams. Agency experience is desired. Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point, now it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta
Some domestic travel is required
Employment Status: Full Time
Please note: Team oversight requires availability during the week’s regular business hours. The Manager, Global Media should also be available evenings and weekends for occasional issues management.
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Management Employee Pension Plan (MEPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (Employee Assistance Provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s Learning and Development program which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
In 2014, Travel Alberta was recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: February 5, 2016
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to:email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.