- Feb 6, 2017
- Jan 13, 2017
- Alberta Parks
Writing-on-Stone is inviting resumes from energetic and organized candidates with great people skills to fill several prospective INFORMATION OFFICER positions. Successful candidates will fulfill various job functions, in both our campground registration booth and our Visitor Information Centre, essential to the delivery of great customer service at the park.
Classification: Administrative Support 2
Closing Date: February 6, 2017 8:00am
Rate of Pay: $19.31-$23.33 (plus 11.2% in lieu of vacation pay and benefits).
- Welcoming visitors to the park and informing them of recreation and learning experiences within the park
- Providing tourism counselling to visitors about local and regional attractions both in person and over the phone
- Provide important messaging associated with the use of our sites and facilities
- Sales and promotion of merchandise and tour tickets
- Till operation, cash handling, debit and credit transaction processing
- Light cleaning of displays and work areas
- Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca system operation
- Merchandise reorders and inventory management
- Prep, maintenance and cleaning of food service equipment
- Support in planning and preparation for special events
- Support the review and upkeep of web and social media content
- Create and update event postings in and around the park
High School Diploma; equivalencies considered
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Experience, knowledge, training and competency in
- Customer Service and handling customer complaints
- Written and verbal communication
- Inventory Management
- Desktop publishing
- Knowledge of Alberta's flora and fauna
- Alignment with the required behavioural competencies of the role (See below*)
- Class 4 Driver’s license
Required to have by May 1, 2017
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Defensive Driving Certificate
- Current Standard First Aid CPR – C & AED Certificate
- WHIMIS 2015 Certificate
Note: Final candidates must also provide a Criminal Record Check and current Driver’s Abstract by March 29, 2017.
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility – Information Officers require the ability to adapt their service approach in a multitude of situations to support changing visitor needs.
- Creative Problem Solving – Information Officers will use their training, experiences and knowledge to apply and adapt existing park processes to address issues in their day-to-day work environment.
- Develop Networks – Information Officers are often the initial contact a visitor has with Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park. Through thorough follow-up and clear communications, Information Officers will help facilitate excellent customer experiences for all visitor inquiries.
Term of Employment
- Seasonal opportunities of varying lengths:
- 5 months full time; May 1-September 30, 2017
- 4 months full or part time; May 1-September 4, 2017
- 2.5 month full or part time; late June to early September
- Possibility for extensions may be available
- These are seasonal wage opportunities; mostly full-time positions.
- Shifts include evenings and most weekends. A shift differential is provided for evening and weekend shifts.
How to Apply
By Monday, February 6, 2017 8:00am, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Visitor Centre Coordinator,
Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park.
Submit one attachment including both the cover letter and resume in a pdf or word format. Please ensure that this document is saved using the naming convention of your first then last name (Joe_Smith).
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resumes received will be used to fill future vacancies. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.