Meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Events
With the second largest number of head offices in Canada, Alberta has a significant opportunity to grow the number of business meetings held in our province. Travel Alberta develops a broad range of MICE programs and activities that maximize the sales impact on Alberta meetings and incentive destinations. We accomplish this through in-market promotions, industry education and FAM tours with meeting professionals from around the world. Our objective is to provide room night referrals associated with a meeting component and conversion opportunities direct to industry through this multi-faceted strategy.
MICE is a highly competitive channel; the meeting delegate is the highest yield traveller of all tourism channels. Travel Alberta, in collaboration with Business Events Canada (BEC), has developed a broad range of programs and activities to maximize Alberta’s presence and differentiate Alberta from other meeting destinations. This is accomplished through Travel Alberta’s in-market representation, attendance at industry events and marketplaces, continued industry education and site/FAM tours with qualified meeting professionals from our target markets.Key activities
- Develop relationships with global industry organizations and key influencers through events, marketplaces, sales missions, client meetings and sites/FAMs
- Leverage Alberta brand messaging
- Develop key digital and social channels to connect with MICE influencers
- Expand in-market partner opportunities
- Deliver room night referrals from MICE activities to Alberta industry