Digital Marketing and Social Media
Digital marketing is at the heart of Travel Alberta initiatives and a significant connector for fostering advocacy with our communities and influencers. Travellers are online and will continue to use digital communications to research, plan and share their travel experiences.
Improving reach, localization, mobile optimization, and providing timely and relevant content are top priority for our web, email, mobile and social media channels. By connecting traveller interests with inspirational destination content and compelling tourism product messaging, we have the greatest chance of appealing to travellers and moving them into action. Continued enhancements to our digital channels and exploration of emerging digital opportunities will help drive industry lead referrals and, ultimately, tourism revenue.
Central to Travel Alberta’s digital strategy is our ability to strengthen social networking and harness word of mouth referrals and traveller advocacy. Social media presents a distinct opportunity to drive awareness of Alberta as a tourism destination. We can identify Alberta travellers, foster them as brand advocates, and encourage them to share their Alberta vacation experiences with a wider audience.Key activities
- Integrate social media with media, trade and consumer marketing in all global markets
- Strengthen social networking efforts to harness traveller advocacy
- Enhance digital marketing presence in all markets
- Develop mobile platforms to enhance the visitor experience
- Leverage Alberta brand messaging
- Increase revenue generating capabilities of industry partners
Travel Alberta’s Social Media team focuses on stimulating conversations about Alberta through key platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram. In China, our team engages with travellers on Weibo and WeChat. Across our social media channels we regularly post inspiring content including breathtaking images, which encourages our fans and followers to share with their own friends and contacts.
Travel Alberta’s Instagram profile showcases the best photographs from Alberta, which are submitted from followers who upload and tag their photos with #explorealberta. Our Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr accounts and Google+ profiles provide interesting news, photos, updates and facts about Alberta. Our Pinterest profile organizes stunning photos from all around Alberta into location and subject categories.Tips for using social media
- Hashtag your Instagram photos and Twitter posts with #explorealberta for the opportunity to be featured on our Travel Alberta profiles
- Tweet your news or any interesting images to @TravelAlberta on Twitter
- Follow Travel Alberta on Facebook, and participate in fan conversations on our wall
When you have Social Media questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.