Practical Ways to Make Tourism Work for Your Business at the 2016 Travel Alberta Industry Conference
This year’s Travel Alberta Industry Conference (TAIC) will share practical ways for tourism industry operators to improve business.
From October 23-25, more than 700 Alberta tourism operators have the opportunity to network, learn and celebrate individuals and organizations enhancing our tourism industry together. Since a big focus is on helping operators’ improve their business, the TAIC program offers sessions examining a range of problems that you may face, including:
- Disruptive technology and its impact on business and society. Here operators will have the opportunity to explore the importance of experiential design and how to navigate the evolving landscape of new consumerism – through an empathetic lens.
- Effective ways of using social media and how to properly set it up for success. Mike Morrison will offer tips n’ tricks to ensure that operators’ businesses are social media friendly.
- Discuss the trends that are top of mind for the meetings industry. Operators will learn about what the future of the meetings industry looks like in the next 3-5 years and what they can do to prepare.
- Corporate culture is critical to all aspects of performance – people, product and operations. Operators will receive inspiration and ideas that will help shape and/or fine-tune their culture for better performance.
- Why advocacy should be part of your marketing strategy. Here operators will learn how the right advocates can help move business forward by building credibility through third-party validation and amplifying their reach.
- Digital reputation management. The goal of this session is to deliver actionable steps that provide operators with practical advice on managing their digital reputation.
- Creating great shareable storytelling content. Operators will receive insight into strategy for creating storytelling content that connects to travellers around the world, and to provide tools for creating stories on their own.
Be sure to check out the 2016 TAIC Program for a full list of available sessions and their descriptions.
The 2016 TAIC will be the place to be when it comes to premier professional and personal development. Join us in Banff and don’t forget to register before the early bird deadline on September 23, 2016 for your chance to save $100.