Celebrate tourism excellence! One month left to apply for an Alto Award
Time is running out to nominate your organization for the 2016 Alto Awards. Celebrate tourism excellence in Alberta and nominate your organization or a colleague by September 9.
The Alto Awards recognize individuals and organizations committed to enriching Alberta’s tourism industry and who by their actions inspire others and demonstrate what can be achieved by working together.Accepting nominations in nine categories
- Alberta Pride: Recognize a business or organization that captures the essence of the Alberta experience.
- Collaborative Tourism: Celebrate a collective and successful effort on the part of a community, communities or groups to work together to promote or support tourism.
- Marketing Excellence: Recognize creative marketing campaigns that encourage travel to, and within, Alberta. There are three categories for this award, based on campaign or project budgets:
- Marketing Partnership: Recognize partnerships of two or more organizations exhibiting exceptional achievement in tourism marketing and who demonstrate the success of working together.
- Outstanding Sustainable Tourism: Celebrate a sustainable tourism development meets the needs of visitors and local communities while protecting and enhancing the environment.
- Service Excellence: Honour an organization that demonstrates a commitment to service excellence, delivering outstanding customer service to their visitors, employees, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Tourism Media: Recognize the stories travel media share with their audiences benefit both the tourism industry and travellers. This award open to all media – broadcast, print and online – who have produced a tourism-oriented piece that showcases Alberta.
The Alto Awards, and the 2016 Alto Ambassador, will be presented at the awards gala in Banff on October 24, 2016, in conjunction with the 16th annual Travel Alberta Industry Conference.
Join us in celebrating and recognizing Alberta’s tourism industry. Submit your application for an Alto award now.