2017 AVIP Conference Collaborative Opportunity
Interested in showcasing your community? Alberta Culture and Tourism would like to invite interested Alberta Visitor Information Providers (AVIP) the opportunity to host the 2017 AVIP Conference in their community.
The AVIP Conference is generally held in mid-to-late September. Recent conferences were held in Spruce Grove in 2016, Lethbridge in 2015, and Drumheller in 2014. The AVIP Conference provides opportunities for visitor service providers to engage with colleagues with a diverse set of experiences and knowledge, as well as improve their understanding of visitor services practices, challenges, innovations, and professional development. This conference also serves as the venue for the AMMY Awards Gala recognizing and honouring individuals and visitor information centres (VICs) that have made outstanding contributions in the delivery of visitor services.
The 2017 AVIP Conference is tentatively scheduled for September 26-27, 2017 with pre-conference activities for September 25, 2017.
What’s in it for you?
Hosting the AVIP Conference enables the community to increase their visibility as a visitor service provider and showcase the great attractions and tourism experiences they offer visitors. The community selected to host the 2017 AVIP Conference will have the opportunity to:
- Showcase their community through event exposure (e.g., Travel Alberta Industry Buzz, AVIP SharePoint, Alberta Culture and Tourism website), speaking opportunities, and by providing promotional materials to delegates.
- Showcase attractions and experiences from their local/regional area.
- Assist in organizing a variety of add-ons for the event including AMMY Awards entertainment, preconference activities (including dinner), decorations, photography, door prizes and more.
- Invite local community officials/delegates (up to five guests) to portions of the conference.
- Hosting committee (up to two guests) to attend breakfast and provide a 20-minute presentation on their organization/community on September 26, 2017.
- Hosting committee (up to four guests) to attend the AMMY Awards Gala on September 26, 2017.
- Hosting committee (up to two guests) to attend lunch on September 27, 2017.
- Provide written greetings from the organization/community to be included in the conference event program.
- Option to set up banners or display table for the duration of the event.
For more information or to apply, please see the 2017 AVIP Conference – Hosting Collaboration Information Package and Application Form. Submission deadline is April 12, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Jessie Chai at AVIP@gov.ab.ca.