Getting Started with ATIS in Three Easy Steps
By now we hope you’ve had the opportunity to try out the new Alberta Tourism Information Service (ATIS). If not, you’re missing out on the opportunity to market your business to millions of qualified travellers throughout Canada and for some around the world.
Connecting with ATIS is easier than ever with the help of our recently launched ATIS Resource Hub.
Over the next few weeks we’ll be exploring all the different content types available in ATIS. We’ll provide an overview of each, and discuss how each content type benefits consumers at different stages of their travel purchase decisions. We will also explore the many features that we’ve added to ATIS to help you optimize your ATIS listings to their fullest potential.
ATIS Series Kickoff
In this first installment of our ATIS series, we’ll explore the three easy steps to getting started with ATIS and describe some of the benefits of adding ATIS to your marketing mix.
ATIS Increases Online Exposure
ATIS is a distribution tool that aims to increase our partners’ online exposure across many platforms, apps and websites.
Let’s Get Started
1. First check to see if your business or event is already listed in ATIS
Before launching the ATIS system in April, we worked with multiple tourism organizations to source and curate the initial content for the ATIS launch. This means that your business may already have a listing in ATIS.
Visit travelalberta.com and search for your listing by using the search function located in the top right-hand corner of the site.
Note: Use broad terms to search for your business to increase search results.
2. Sign Up for an Account
Visit the ATIS login page and complete the online form to create an account.
Note: If you already have an account you will be prompted to reset your password.
3. Add your Content into ATIS
Most Alberta tourism entities that provide a service to the leisure traveller are eligible to add at least one or multiple content types into ATIS. There are four different content types to choose from:
• Listings: Information about an Alberta tourism product that is relevant to the leisure traveller. Listings include attractions, accommodations, natural attractions, restaurants, entertainment and more.
• Events: Tourism focused events that attract the leisure traveller and take place during a specified time-frame.
• Offers: Price points that represent either single products OR a package of products WITH or WITHOUT a discount.
• Articles: Interesting and authentic stories that help create excitement around your experience and connects to your potential visitors.
For detailed information on eligibility or ATIS content types visit the following resources:
Stay tuned for the next installment in our series in which we explore the elements of a great listing in ATIS and answer questions about listing categories and category types that your business is eligible to take advantage of.