October 2015 Tourism Snapshot from Destination Canada
The Tourism Snapshot provides a monthly and year-to-date update on key Destination Canada market visits to and from Canada, performance of competitors, and other tourism related statistics. Supporting statistical tables may also be viewed on our website at:
Key highlights from the October 2015 edition:
- In October 2015, overnight arrivals from Destination Canada (DC)’s eleven target markets increased by 5.7% with gains from all four world regions, including the US (+5.5%), Asia-Pacific (+7.8%), Latin America (+4.4%) and Europe (+5.0%).
- Year-to-Date October 2015, arrivals from DC’s eleven international markets rose 7.6% on the basis of results recorded in ten of DC’s eleven markets.
- In October 2015, all of DC’s key markets outside of Brazil registered gains, with strong growth from India (+24%), South Korea (+16.5%), Mexico (+9.1%), France (+8.2%) and Japan (+6.7%).
- Arrivals from the two Latin American markets recorded mixed results in October 2015, with gains from Mexico (+9.1%) but a minor contraction from Brazil (-1.9%). From January to October 2015, arrivals are up 15.7% from Brazil and 12.6% from Mexico.
- Following robust growth in September 2015, overall overnight arrival from the United States rose moderately in October 2015 (+5.5%) with growth in arrival by auto (+8.3%) and by air (+4.5%).