Submit your 2016 Travel Alberta Industry Conference Presentations
The March 18 deadline for submitting education breakout session proposals for the 16th Annual Travel Alberta Industry Conference in Banff is fast approaching.
This conference, scheduled for October 23-25, 2016, is an educational and networking event attended by more than 650 people from across Alberta.
We invite presentations on the following topic areas: marketing (including content marketing, social media and traditional outlets), Alberta tourism success stories, customer service, leadership, staff training and empowerment, or other tourism-related topics.
Sessions are typically 75 minutes in length (approximately 60 minutes in presentation and 15 minutes for questions). We also welcome submissions for sessions that can be offered as a two part series in the conference program. Travel Alberta encourages more than one submission from the same speaker. Panel presentations may not have more than three speakers.
Please include the following personal information with your submission:
Full mailing address
Contact telephone number
Years of experience in the tourism industry
Brief personal bio (approximately 100 words)
*Please include the above information for any co-speakers or panelists.
- Presentation title (maximum 10 words)
- Target audience
- Level of session (beginner, intermediate or advanced)
- Brief description of presentation (50-75 words)
- Learning objectives (minimum two, maximum four)
- Presentation format (classroom, panel discussion, interactive)
- Number of times the presenter is willing to present the session throughout the conference
- Date and place topic was last presented (if applicable)
- Short video clip or link to YouTube for video of previous speaking engagement
Presentation submissions sent after the March 18 deadline will not be reviewed. Notification of selected speaker(s)/presentations will be no later than April 30, 2016.
All submissions must be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for review of submissions:
- Clear indication of topic and presentation material
- Relevance to the tourism industry
- Number of submissions within a topic area
- Speaker has prior experience speaking to large groups
All submissions will be reviewed by the Travel Alberta Industry Conference Committee. The conference committee reserves the right to accept any or none of the submissions received. All committee decisions are final.
Each speaker will receive one full conference registration which will include a ticket to the Alto Gala evening. As is requested by the selected speakers, transportation and hotel expenses will be reimbursed.