Destination Canada Releases September 2015 Tourism Snapshot
The Tourism Snapshot provides a monthly and year-to-date update on key Destination Canada market visits to and from Canada, performance of competitors, and other tourism related statistics. Supporting statistical tables may also be viewed on our website at:
- In September 2015, overnight arrivals from Destination Canada (DC)’s eleven target markets increased by 14.6% with gains from all four world regions, including the US (+16.5%), Asia-Pacific (+12%), Latin America (+11.3%) and Europe (+6.7%).
- Year to date September 2015, arrivals from DC’s 11 international markets rose 7.8% on the basis of gains recorded in the US (+8.1%) and key overseas markets (+6.8%).
- In September 2015, double-digit gains were registered in seven of DC’s eleven key markets registered gains, led by China (+21.7%), followed by the US (+16.5%), Mexico (+12.6%), India (+12%), Japan (+11.8%), France (+11.2%) and South Korea (+10.6%).
- All three DC markets in Europe registered gains in September 2015, with strong growth in France (+11.2%) and the UK (+7.6%) and flat arrivals from Germany (+0.2%). Year-to-date September 2015, arrivals are up from the UK (+6.6%) and France (+4.1%) but slightly down from Germany (-0.8%).
- Arrivals from the two Latin American markets recorded strong growth in September 2015, with Mexico (+12.6%) and Brazil (+9.5%) bouncing back from the minor decline registered in August. From January to September 2015, arrivals are up 17.3% from Brazil and 12.8% from Mexico.
- Following a minor decline in August 2015, overall overnight arrival from the United States bounced back in September 2015 (+16.5%) with growth in arrival by auto (+28.2%), by other mode of entries (i.e. bus, train and boats) (+5.8%) and by air (+3.5%).