DMAI offering new DMO education opportunities
This fall, Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI) is offering new education opportunities in DMO Communications and its Sales Academy.
CDME Courses on DMO Communications
This November, DMAI will be offering three CDME courses on DMO Communications. Don't miss this opportunity to expand your professional knowledge, and take another step towards achieving the industry’s highest educational credential! The hotel cut-off date is October 19, 2016, so book your spot now!
The following courses will be offered during this special session:
- Destination Marketing Planning: November 11–12 (Core)
A fully interactive discussion on targeted and accountable DMO planning for effective visitor marketing, sales and services of our destinations. Cost: $1,375.
- Destination Positioning and Branding: November 13 (Elective)
An intensive dialogue on the appropriate research and formulation of a destination/community brand strategy before creative development. Cost: $795.
- Destination Advocacy and Community Relations: November 14–15 (New Core)
A thorough conversation on the needs and strategies to conduct effective stakeholder and resident relations and DMO governance in support of community tourism. Cost: $1,375.
Don’t miss the DMAI’s Sales Academy
November 10-11 | Dallas, TX
For more than 15 years, DMAI's Sales Academy™ has assisted DMO sales professionals in selling their destinations more effectively. The course’s results-oriented content has proven to help achieve sales goals, win new group customers and increase sales. DMAI will be offering both courses November 10-11 in Dallas, TX. The hotel cut-off date is October 19th, so book your spot now!
More information is provided below to help determine which course is right for you.
Sales Academy I (November 11)
- Designed for individuals who are new to their sales role and the DMO industry/culture.
- The content is equally appropriate for professionals who enter sales from another discipline with limited sales experience and have some degree of DMO experience.
Pricing: US$ 395.
Sales Academy II (November 11-12)
- Designed for individuals who have about five years of sales experience along with an understanding of the DMO industry/culture.
- The content targets professionals who understand foundational sales skills and who are practiced at navigating their DMO community dynamics.
- As many experienced sales professionals join DMOs from outside of the industry, the need to understand the nuances of the DMO industry/culture is included in the content.
Pricing: US$ 795.