Alberta Tourism in the News: March 7-14
More staycations in 2016, a big sport tourism award for Edmonton and more Americans visiting Medicine Hat – just a few of the tourism industry articles appearing in mainstream media over the past week.
In the round-up, we take a quick look at some of the industry-related news you may want to know more about. Every once in a while, it’s good to know what your fellow operators are doing, what those in the industry are saying, and trends that may impact Alberta’s visitor economy.
Here are some of the tourism-related stories from March 7-14, 2016:
- Albertans are opting for more staycations this year, via CTV Calgary.
- The Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance named Edmonton Events the Organization of the Year, via the Edmonton Journal.
- Edmonton’s reputation as a host city continues to grow, via CTV Calgary.
- Okotoks is encouraging businesses to discover tourism this Thursday, via Okotoks Online.
- Medicine Hat saw a rise in Americans visiting in 2015 and not just from the Border States, says Tourism Medicine Hat, via Chat TV.
- Organizer of new bike festival wants to transform the industry in Alberta, via Rocky Mountain Outlook.
For other news, check out the In the Media section of Travel Alberta’s Industry website.
Subscribe to Connections for timely news, opportunities and updates for Team Alberta.