2016 AVIP Conference Collaborative Opportunity
Interested in showcasing your community? Alberta Culture and Tourism would like to invite all interested Alberta Visitor Information Providers (AVIP) the opportunity to host the 2016 AVIP Conference in their community.
The AVIP Conference is generally held in mid-to-late September. Recent conferences were held in Lethbridge in 2015, Drumheller in 2014, Grande Prairie in 2013, and Medicine Hat in 2012. The AVIP Conference provides opportunities for visitor service providers to engage with colleagues with a diverse set of experiences and knowledge in the field, as well as improve their understanding of visitor services practices, challenges, innovations, and professional development. This conference also serves as the venue for the AMMY Awards Gala recognizing and honouring individuals and visitor information centres (VICs) that have made outstanding contributions in the delivery of visitor services.
The 2016 AVIP Conference is tentatively scheduled for September 27-28, 2016 with pre-conference activities for September 26, 2016.
What’s in it for you?
Hosting the AVIP Conference enables the community to increase their visibility as a visitor service provider and showcase the great attractions and tourism experiences they have to offer visitors. The community selected to host the 2016 AVIP Conference will have the opportunity to:
- Showcase their community through event exposure (e.g., TA Industry Buzz, AVIP SharePoint, Government of Alberta website), speaking opportunities, and by providing promotional materials to delegates.
- Showcase attractions and experiences from their local/regional area.
- Assist in organizing a variety of add-ons for the event including AMMY Awards entertainment, pre-conference activities, decorations, photography, door prizes and more.
- Invite local community officials/delegates to portions of the conference.
- Attend breakfast and provide a 20 minute presentation on their organization/community on September 27, 2016.
- Attend the AMMY Awards Gala on September 27, 2016.
- Attend lunch on September 28, 2016.
- Provide written greetings from the organization/community to be included in the conference event program.
- Option to set up banners or display table for the duration of the event.
If your community would like the opportunity to host this event, please email AVIP@gov.ab.ca for the application package. Form submission deadline is April 11, 2016.
For questions or more information about this opportunity, please contact Jessie Chai at AVIP@gov.ab.ca or 780-638-3837.