Global Tourism Watch
Destination Canada (formerly the Canadian Tourism Commission) began conducting the annual Global Tourism Watch (GTW) program in 2007. The primary purpose of this research program is to expand the base of consumer-based intelligence in key markets.
Overall Objectives of the GTW Study
- Monitor awareness, travel intentions and other key market indicators for Canada and the regions
- Assess perceptions of Canada and track brand performance against the competitive set over time
- Identify the general experiences sought by travellers, assess Canada’s competitive positioning on key products and identify growth opportunities
- Identify motivators and barriers for travel to Canada
- Explore the role of social media and advocacy in the tourism context
Explore more tourism research insights on Destination Canada's research page.