Business Analyst, Digital and Insights, Global Consumer Marketing
Position: Business Analyst
Department: Digital and Insights, Global Consumer Marketing
The Business Analyst reports to the Manager, Digital Platforms in the Digital department of the Global Consumer Marketing division and interacts with users from different parts of the organization. The Business Analyst will work with our in-house development team, UX Strategist, Product Manager, stakeholders and partner agencies as needed to ensure we continue to define high-value, relevant opportunities for our business and user groups. The Business Analyst will leverage her/his understanding and experience working with the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and different development and project management methodologies (e.g. waterfall, Agile) to assemble and manage requirements through implementation of technology solutions for Travel Alberta’s strategic initiatives and operations, primarily within Global Consumer Marketing. Due to the exploratory nature of the role the Business Analyst may have access to confidential or time-sensitive information and will need to manage it professionally.
- Degree or diploma in business or computer science with at least 5 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluent understanding of business process analysis and data modeling methods, styles, and documentation tools
- General understanding of general business processes and how the applications/technology support the processes
- Advanced knowledge of business analysis practices, especially requirements planning, elicitation, management, design, analysis, documentation, and communication
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC methodologies, processes, and tools as well as project planning methodologies and Agile process improvement tools and techniques
- Experience with Visio and Microsoft Project preferred; experience with Balsamiq and Adobe DX an asset
- Work with business stakeholders to identify, analyze and document core business processes, requirements, risk analysis and workflows.
- Facilitate process workshops that involve eliciting process requirements, documenting and validating current state and future state business processes
- Review and modify existing process documentation, create new documentation where necessary and manage overall process change to improve efficiency
- Liaise with a variety of business units; negotiate with large groups of stakeholders and subject-matter experts
- Act as intermediary between business units and developers during solution design and development
- Manage requirements traceability through the life of a project
- Provide support during implementations as required for training, business process roll-out, and change management
- Play a lead role in the continuous improvement of the BA practice by researching best practices, devising improvements, piloting new techniques, and creating more effective processes
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta. Some travel is required, some overtime may be required, some evening and weekend work is required, valid driver’s license is required
Employment status: Full-time, permanent
Salary: $72,840 to $94,704 per annum
Closing date: Nov 2, 2018
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume, with the title in the subject line, of your email to email@example.com.