Guest Services Assistant - Calgary Telus Convention Centre
Calgary Telus Convention Centre
Career Opportunity: Guest Services Assistant
The Calgary TELUS Convention Centre hosts conventions, tradeshows and meetings for national, international and local groups. We are currently looking to fill a full time Guest Services Assistant position.
Reporting to the Manager, Guest Services, you are responsible for providing a full range of business related services to the staff, public and clients hosting and attending events in the Convention Centre. You will preferably have a post-secondary education with previous work experience in a related area and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. To succeed in this position, you must possess a strong customer service philosophy, enjoy working in a team environment, have the ability to juggle multiple tasks in an effective and efficient manner and possess strong computer (Microsoft Office), organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Availability to work shift work (days, evening and weekends) is also a requirement in this position.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform reception and switchboard duties for the organization
- Respond to calls received on the 333 line from clients in a timely manner
- Review event orders from booking system (EBMS) and understand the services required for each event. Check rooms to ensure delivery of agreed upon services and meet with the client to advise the client of the 333 line if other services are required during their event
- Point of contact for clients during events to facilitate on the floor changes or additions to agreed-upon services. Dispatch (using 2-way radio) requests to appropriate departments, as well as, log and record daily call intakes for additional services provided or problems encountered (i.e. heat turned up, more water, coffee, chairs, tables etc.)
- Liaise with clients, internal departments and in-house partners to ensure requests for service are met in a timely manner
- Process exhibitor utility payments and co-ordinate late utility requests with internal departments (electricity, utilities etc)
- Close work orders in EBMS a timely manner for the billing process
- Sell business related items and services to clients and the public (i.e. word processing, faxing, photocopying, laminating, binding, scanning, office supplies, computer work stations rental etc.) and prepare all documentation related to the sale
- Provide general office assistance as requested (i.e. word processing, faxing, photocopying, binding, etc.) to internal departments
- Greet and provide way finding services to clients and guests attending events in the facility
- Screen and stock materials located in the brochure racks
- Create, distribute and maintain appropriate signage (client requests and internal usage)
- Collect and recycle floor signage and easels and monitor utilization
- Maintain Guest/Business Services equipment and schedule repair services as required
- Update information on the computer system daily (i.e. communications and correspondence, data entry, research information)
- Respond to general public inquiries for general information about CTCC events and downtown Calgary information and directions
- Actively initiate and engage in emergency response procedures; this position is a part of the emergency response team
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, problem solving, communication, time management and attention to detail skills
- Computer knowledge and experience
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as required
- Must be able to work a rotating shift schedule (days, evening and over night) - including weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma (post-secondary in a related field is a definite asset).
The Convention Centre offers a comprehensive salary and benefits program that includes life and dependent life insurance, short and long-term disability, health and dental benefits, travel medical emergency insurance, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, pension plan, flex and bonus hours, wellness programs, educational opportunities, and access to a fitness center.
Resumes with cover letter may be submitted via email to email@example.com.