Position: Manager, Consumer Marketing
Department: Global Consumer Marketing
Travel Alberta is the destination promotion organization for the Government of Alberta. We’re a team passionate for all things Alberta, and we love inspiring the world to visit our amazing province. Sound like you? The Consumer Marketing Team is looking for a Manager, Consumer Marketing to join us in promoting Alberta to digitally connected travellers. Our mission is to create economic value by telling Alberta stories so good that travellers all over the world drop everything to visit right now.
The Manager, Consumer Marketing is responsible for leading the planning, execution, optimization and budget management of multi-channel paid media campaigns in designated markets that align with Travel Alberta’s global consumer marketing strategy and delivering impactful results. Reporting to the Director, Global Consumer Marketing, this position requires strong working relationships to proactively manage agency partners and promote integration and alignment with Travel Alberta business units and industry stakeholders.
- Degree in marketing or digital marketing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a consumer marketing role with a demonstrated ability to drive maximum performance for paid media campaigns
- Experience in an agency environment or experience managing marketing agencies required
- Strong project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple campaigns and partners simultaneously within tight timelines to deliver impactful results
- Strategic, analytical, and able to communicate ideas with ease
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Good business acumen and proficiency in budget management
- Knowledge and experience working in international markets preferred
Paid Media Campaign Management
- Manage the planning, execution, optimization and reporting of year-round comprehensive multi-channel paid media campaigns for designated markets that effectively target and influence high potential traveller segments in designated markets and align with Travel Alberta’s global consumer marketing strategy
- Manage day-to-day paid media marketing efforts with Travel Alberta’s agency partners and in-market teams, providing direction, feedback and strategic guidance to maximize performance, investment and operational efficiencies
- Work in collaboration with cross-functional teams to develop paid media amplification and content distribution activities that complement organic and earned activities
- Proactively engage tourism partners in marketing efforts
- Oversee paid media performance and conversions, deriving insights and developing marketing optimization plans to maximize return on investment
Financial management and reporting
- Monitor, track and optimize campaign performance to ensure delivery is met within budget and goals are surpassed
- Develop, monitor and re-forecast project budgets and cost recovery in designated markets to ensure program objectives are achieved within allocated budget
- Oversee agency campaign budget tracking in designated markets
- Comply with Travel Alberta’s financial procedures and business policies ensuring project approval, budget and evaluations are delivered in a timely and effective manner
Knowledge and people leadership
- Establish, maintain and foster effective business relationships with agency partners, in-market teams, destination marketing organizations (DMOs), and other tourism industry stakeholders
- Proactively engage with internal teams to increase collaboration, cross-business unit sharing of information and alignment with Travel Alberta’s strategic direction
- Provide guidance to internal teams and partners on paid media best practices specific to designated markets
- Continually keep abreast of new media marketing trends in the assigned markets, and work closely with insights, brand strategy and market research teams to assess marketing direction and competitiveness
- Provide leadership by maintaining and reinforcing a respectful, inclusive workplace in alignment with Travel Alberta’s core values, principles and strategic objectives
Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point, now it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta.
Employment status: Permanent full-time
This position offers an excellent benefits package with Sun Life Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long-term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Management Employee Pension Plan (MEPP), have free and confidential access to the Employee and Family Assistance Plan and be a part of Travel Alberta’s learning and development program, which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
Since becoming a Crown corporation in 2009, Travel Alberta has been recognized with more than 50 awards for brand and marketing and excellence.
Closing date: January 11, 2019
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations, with the title in the subject line of your email, to email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta team member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.