Specialist, Consumer Marketing - Travel Alberta
Position: Specialist, Consumer Marketing
Department: Global Consumer Marketing
Travel Alberta is the destination promotion organization of Alberta. We showcase Alberta tourism experiences to potential travellers in Canada and internationally. Travel Alberta provides marketing expertise and destination development support to Alberta-based tourism businesses, creating compelling reasons for travellers to explore Alberta. Established as a crown corporation in 2009, Travel Alberta is mandated to promote the province as a top tourism destination and support the Government of Alberta in the development of tourism policy, advocacy, research, visitor services and product development.
Since becoming a Crown corporation in 2009, Travel Alberta has been recognized with more than 50 awards for corporate culture and brand and marketing excellence.
What you need
- A degree in marketing or digital marketing with a minimum of three years’ experience in a digital marketing role
- Minimum two years of planning, project or account management experience
- Experience in an agency environment or working with agencies preferred
- Experience in international marketing with strong knowledge and experience in Asian markets preferred
- Ability to speak fluent Mandarin, write and read simplified Chinese will be a strong asset
- Strong attention to detail and editing skills
- Experience managing multiple projects, working concurrently with competing deadlines
- Analytical and able to communicate ideas with ease
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to proactively resolve project risks and expertly handle objections
In alignment with Travel Alberta’s corporate values and team principles, the Specialist, Consumer Marketing will provide support to the Consumer Marketing team to execute direct-to-consumer tactics that align with Travel Alberta’s global consumer marketing strategy. This position will collaborate and effectively work with all business units to support the execution of multi-channel consumer marketing plans, tactics and initiatives.
The Specialist will manage marketing and administrative projects that contribute to the strategic and tactical proficiency of the business unit, play a key role in communicating with internal team members and assist the Managers and Director in marketing Alberta as a must-visit tourism destination to visitors globally. This position also requires strong working relationships with agency partners and industry stakeholders to ensure alignment and consistency on marketing initiatives. While this position supports programs in all of Travel Alberta’s consumer markets, particular focus will be placed on China.
Reporting to the Manager, Consumer Marketing, the Specialist, Consumer Marketing is responsible to:
- Proactively collaborate and engage with the Content, Social Media, Media, ATIS, Digital, Industry Development and Business Development teams, as well as in-market teams, as needed, to ensure channel and market strategies are aligned and support Travel Alberta’s business and marketing plans and activities
- Support the tactical implementation of consumer marketing campaign efforts in the assigned markets
- Monitor campaign performance and collaborate with internal and external teams on adjusting messaging to improve campaign efficiency
- Support marketing coordination, content and distribution of e-newsletters in assigned markets
- Forecasts and any additional administrative updates required for the Consumer Marketing Team
- Support day-to-day marketing efforts working with Travel Alberta’s agency partners
- Proactively engage with agency partners to maximize performance and operational efficiencies
- Advise business units on industry stakeholder information that may impact decision-making
- Manage and maintain an up-to-date and accurate working budget for Consumer Marketing Programs
- Provide support to Managers and Finance Coordinator in completing appropriate budget documentation as required
- Support Consumer Marketing Managers with communication to key Alberta industry stakeholders participating in partner investment programs and Destination Canada initiatives
- Manage an action register and documentation of team progress, updating action items and status
- Coordinate relevant listings and packages/offers for international markets with the ATIS team and the Business Development team
- Provide business unit support for Base Camp and Infobox
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta
Employment status: Full-time permanent
This position is a member of the AUPE bargaining unit
Salary: $66,240 to $86,064 per annum
This position requires the flexibility to accommodate an adjusted work schedule for monthly meetings with international teams and other projects. Overtime, including occasional evenings or weekends.
This position offers an excellent benefits package with Sun Life Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long-term disability and a flexible spending account.
This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP), have free and confidential access to Sun Life’s RightDirections Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s learning and development program to support career development.
Closing date: December 31, 2018
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations, with the title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta team member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.