Position: Coordinator, Cooperative Marketing
Department: Industry Development
Travel Alberta is the destination promotion organization of Alberta. We showcase Alberta tourism experiences to potential travellers in Canada and internationally. Travel Alberta provides marketing expertise and destination development support to Alberta-based tourism businesses, creating compelling reasons for travellers to explore Alberta.
Established as a crown corporation in 2009, Travel Alberta is mandated to promote the province as a top tourism destination and support the Government of Alberta in the development of tourism policy, advocacy, research, visitor services and product development.
Since becoming a Crown corporation in 2009, Travel Alberta has been recognized with more than 50 awards for corporate culture and brand and marketing excellence.
The Cooperative Marketing Coordinator provides support to the Industry Development team by coordinating Travel Alberta’s Cooperative Marketing Investment program. This position is integral to the success of the Cooperative Marketing Investment program and to Travel Alberta’s ability to grow tourism revenues and drive organizational excellence by upholding Travel Alberta’s reputation and financial accountability.
What you need
Your dedication and passion have taken your career to this point, and now it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment. Here are the qualifications required to be successful in this role:
- Diploma in business, administration, accounting or related program 2 to 3 years’ experience in office administration or other support role
- Experience working with and tracking budgets
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, problem solving, communication and relationship-building skills
- Experience in the tourism industry is an asset
- Strong skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven administrative skills including: process and system improvement and development, budget updates, management of live budget, expense processing, report tracking and creating, presentation creation, and minute taking.
What you’ll do
Program Coordination and Reporting:
- Receives and reviews project applications, evaluations, reconciles all project expenses, and processes invoices
- Maintains filing and accurate record keeping for Cooperative Marketing projects
- Works with Cooperative Marketing Managers to accurately track budgets and compile financial reports
- Compiles monthly status reports of projects and leverage verification for Finance
- Maintains budget projections and monthly accruals and reporting.
Communication and Industry Relations:
- Provides information to the Industry Development Team, by maintaining electronic file systems including CRM and the Cooperative Marketing project database
- Builds positive relationships with industry stakeholders through prompt and effective communication of our programs, guidelines and financial reporting requirements
- Works closely with the Cooperative Marketing Managers in the processing and evaluation of Cooperative Marketing applications and projects
- Works with the Finance department to ensure information is recorded in all tracking mediums
- Communicate with other Travel Alberta departments to ensure strategic alignment of Cooperative Marketing projects.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta
Some travel is required: some overtime may be required; some evening and weekend work is required; valid driver’s license is required
Employment status: Full-time, permanent
Salary: $50,928 to $63,648 per annum
This position offers an excellent benefits package with Sun Life Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long-term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP), have free and confidential access to Sun Life’s RightDirections Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s learning and development program to support career development.
Closing date: January 18, 2019
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com.
In the event that a position is posted internally and externally simultaneously, internal candidates will be considered first.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.