Banff & Lake Louise Tourism
Business Development Manager (Maternity Leave Contract)
TAKE OUR MESSAGE TO THE MOUNTAINTOP
INSPIRE THE WORLD TO EXPERIENCE BANFF AND LAKE LOUISE
Let your passion, creativity, and love of the mountain lifestyle come alive with Banff & Lake Louise Tourism (BLLT). The Business Development Manager – Travel Trade, is responsible for assisting with the annual strategic planning process for Business Development and Global Marketing efforts, and, in a broader sense, for contributing to the preparation, development, and implementation of the annual BLLT Strategic Plan.
Specifically, the role is responsible for contributing to Global Marketing objectives to: build destination awareness; stimulate year-round visitation; and encourage visitors to spend more in destination by developing market growth from assigned markets. Efforts must also be devoted to the development, nurturing and maintenance of relationships with external agencies and organizations throughout the tourism industry that are important to BLLT. Some of these critical relationships include representatives at Travel Alberta, Destination Canada, and other tourism partners.
This role is responsible to meet the performance expectations of the department and will require innovation to meet objectives and exceed departmental goals.
• Post-secondary degree in marketing, recreation, tourism, business or related business field
• Minimum 5 years sales experience, including minimum 2 years within Tourism or Tour and Leisure Sales
• Previous experience in a similar role, or strong experience in Travel Trade is a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, and experience with SimpleView is preferred
• Effective and positive written and verbal communication skills
• Stay fluid with new business trends and opportunities, and able to set appropriate actions upon to measure
• Master of any foreign language is an asset
• Proven skills in business planning, problem-solving and critical thinking
• Self-starter with a strong motivation to succeed
• Proven track record in managing and launching international marketing campaigns
• Flexible to travel and work outside of normal office hours when needed
• Valid clean driving license
Refer to the full job description for a complete list of key accountabilities, via the link below.
This contract position is available for 18 - 24 months. Please submit both your resume and cover letter by April 19, 2019 for consideration.
While we appreciate all applications, please be aware that only qualified candidates and those who are eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.