Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing Office - Calgary
POSITION: Marketing Manager (Maternity Leave Contract)
Primary Function of the Position
Under the direction of the current Marketing Manager this position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the marketing functions for the following CRMR properties: Cilantro, The Lake House, CRMR Kitchen, and Urban Butcher. This position is based in Calgary and starts in late March/April.
Duties & Responsibilities
Campaign Management & Marketing Strategy
- Working in collaboration with cross-functional teams to develop paid media amplification and content distribution activities that complement organic and earned activities.
- Working alongside the current marketing manager to execute campaigns on budget and in a timely fashion.
- Selling and marketing ticketed events- Wine/Beer/Cocktail/Chefs’ dinners, communicating and working in conjunction with the current Marketing Manager.
- Marketing of events through Social Media, Web blasts, Blog posts and print material with restaurants. Ensure clear communication with current Marketing Manager.
- Work with Restaurant Manager/Event Coordinator and Chef to organize the menu and execution of the event.
Offsite Sponsored Events
- Plan and execute offsite marketing events/sponsorship throughout the year in cooperation with the restaurants.
- Coordinate staffing needs.
- Ensure signage has been arranged to properly represent the property that is participating.
- Work with event organizers to ensure the agreed upon sponsorship has been fulfilled.
- Work alongside the restaurant management team and Marketing Manager to develop promotional programs for the restaurants. E.g. Happy Hour, Nightly Features, Art of Lunch.
- Develop a marketing plan to execute the role out of the promotion and how it will be communicated to the consumer.
- Provides training and guidance to social media and marketing team members on social media implementation best practices and strategies.
- Prepare and execute monthly web blasts for Cilantro, The Lake House, and CRMR Kitchen.
- Manage and execute social media advertising campaigns on budget and in a timely manner.
- Oversee social media calendar with the Print & Marketing Coordinator and Marketing & Social Coordinator for all responsible properties and ensure all content is on brand.
- Work with the Print & Marketing Coordinator and Marketing & Social Coordinator on blogging calendar.
- In conjunction with the Print & Marketing Coordinator, plan photography to be taken at each restaurant to ensure current content is available for social media and blogs.
- Ensure restaurant websites are kept up to date with current menus and information (this includes Open Table and other places where menu information is found).
- Work with restaurant event coordinators to ensure event marketing material is current and professional.
- Work with restaurant management teams to ensure that all marketing materials for trade shows is current and accurate.
- Ensuring that the information in the conference and wedding packages is correct and updating when necessary.
Trade & Consumer Shows
- Supervising organization of event booth at shows and ensure that marketing material, flat sheets and swag are displayed in an organized and professional manner.
- Attend trade and consumer shows (often on weekends). This requires a strong knowledge of all properties, their function spaces and capacities.
- Actively pitch media on newsworthy and timely CRMR initiatives/events.
- Securing and organizing TV spots with chefs and sommeliers.
- Research influencers and media inquiries before hosting to see if brand alignment and proper fit applies.
- Coordinating Media FAM Trips and appointments with Events & Meeting teams.
- Write news releases for Cilantro, The Lake House, CRMR Kitchen and Urban Butcher.
Experience / Education Requirements
- At least 3-5 years marketing experience, preferably in the food and beverage/hospitality industry.
- Experience with Facebook Ads Manager and Google AdWords is required.
- Experience using a DSLR Camera and shooting food photography is required.
- Experience coordinating events is required.
- Knowledge of Photoshop required. Experience reporting on Google Analytics is an asset.
- Knowledge of InDesign an asset.
- An ability to take initiative and multi-task. Working in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility – evening and weekends as required.
- Trade Show experience an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle.
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the job title in the subject line of your email directly to Lauren Telfer, Director of Marketing & Public Relations at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest. Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.