Tourism Canmore Kananaskis
We are looking for 2 – 4 new staff members from May until September to serve as Visitor Information Counsellors. Part-time and Full-time positions available for the busy Canadian Rockies Summer Season!
- Provide exceptional customized trip planning and customer service to visitors travelling to Alberta
- Proactively promote attractions, events, experiences and destinations across the province, including assisting travelers with booking accommodations and activities.
- Influence visitors to do more and extend their length of stay in Alberta by matching their interests and needs to Alberta’s attractions, experiences and destinations.
- Distribute information and essential travel tips.
- Complete administrative tasks such as preparing reports and collecting and entering visitor statistics.
Visitor Information Centre staff must be proactive and able to recall/search Alberta information quickly and be comfortable dealing with people. Having well-honed listening and questioning skills are essential, in order to establish credibility in your interactions with travelers.
All candidates must have a high school education and at least one year of customer service experience. Preference will be given to candidates with some post-secondary education in tourism, hospitality and/or a related field. Knowledge of a second language and experience with Alberta’s tourism industry and tourism destinations are considered assets. Equivalencies will be considered. Expertise with internet-based research, social media channels and Microsoft Excel and Word is essential.
First Aid Certification including AED is required.
Weekend and Statutory Holiday work is required. Attendance at training in Edmonton (May 6 – 8, 2019) is a condition of employment. Applicant must be able to work until Sept 2, 2019. Successful candidates will be required to obtain First Aid Certification before commencing work. We reserve the right to ask for a Criminal Record check.
Must reside in the Canmore Area during employment – No staff accommodation available.
Applicants already living in the Bow Valley area will be given preference.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.50 /hour
Please email your resume to email@example.com