Department: Consumer Marketing
Benefits: We offer a unique and exciting work environment, an excellent pension and benefits package, 3 weeks vacation pro-rated in the first year, flex days.
Hours: 40 hours per week; flexibility to work days, some evenings, weekends and travel required.
Position summary: To provide coordination and administrative support to the Tourism Sales Manager that will achieve the tourism sales goals and objectives.
- Support Tourism Manager with travel trade, travel media and consumer marketing activities including logistics, follow-up, leads and time management.
- Coordinate and maintain tourism marketing material including ads, sales collateral and digital assets.
- Set up sales missions and product training including logistics and presentations.
- Coordinate and execute industry FAMS, site tours and hosting.
- Liaise and develop strong relationships with tourism industry partners, internal departments, committees and destination marketing organizations.
- Manage online travel sites inventory of tickets and packages, reconciliation and fulfillment.
- Some out of town travel will be required to attend tourism travel trade shows or promotional events.
- Perform administrative duties including database, tracking, shipping, invoicing and budget reconciliation.
- Post secondary diploma/degree in Tourism, Sales, Marketing or Business.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in tourism or related field.
- Must have own vehicle, as outside meetings will be a job requirement.
- Proven ability to build industry partnerships and relationships with stakeholders
- Some accounting experience related to invoicing, reporting and reconciliation is preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and strong multitasking ability • Excellent communication and superior customer service skills.
- Strong computer literacy and organizational skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Second language an asset
Flexible hours, repetitive arm, hand and finger movement. Frequent lifting and carrying from 10 - 25lbs, pushing, crouching, bending, kneeling and reaching. Stair climbing, exposure to noise, dust, animal dander and changes in temperature. Visual acuity required. To apply: Please submit a resume to People Services email: email@example.com or Fax: 403.261.9307 All applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only those selected for interviews will be contacted