Tourism Jasper is the Destination Marketing Organization for Jasper and Jasper National Park, charged with driving visitation to Jasper for the benefit of our Shareholders. Tourism Jasper is an award-winning innovative team of destination marketers, we strive to return value to our Shareholders and facilitate extraordinary experiences for visitors.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Specialist is a key contributor to Tourism Jasper’s business development function including international business development and raising destination awareness.
As a relevant and practical resource for Tourism Jasper Shareholders to grow their business, a proactive approach to business development is required to deliver on Tourism Jasper’s strategic objectives.
- Research markets and key operators
- Manage relationships with operators and agents
- Develop, execute, and host FAM itineraries Maintain the travel trade database related to market accounts, FAMs, and marketplaces
- Track travel trade room nights and reporting
- Maintain positive and professional relationship with Tourism Jasper Shareholders and industry partners
- A post-secondary diploma or equivalent tourism-related program
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the tourism industry
- Significant project management experience in a deadline driven environment
- Analytical skills, strategic and critical thinking, and resourcefulness
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent research abilities
- Ability to process and present large amounts of information to diverse audiences
- Commitment to teamwork and client service
- Ability to demonstrate leadership
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word)
- Excellent public speaking skills in front of small or large groups.
- Strong financial understanding coupled with well-developed analytical skills
- This position is based in Jasper, Alberta
- Domestic and international travel is required
- Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, with occasional evening and weekend hours required
- Competitive salary available to qualified candidates.
- This position offers an excellent benefits package.
- Other benefits include corporate ski passes, professional development budget, quarterly team building activities all in a casual, dog friendly office environment.
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the job title in the subject line of your email directly to Tulene Steiestol, Director of Business Development firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 10, 2019.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only qualified candidates and those who are eligible to work in Canada will be contacted for an interview. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.