Front Desk Supervisor
Best Western Premier Denham Inn
Our business is Hospitality! Only 5 minutes from the Edmonton International Airport, the Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites is a full-service hotel conveniently located in vibrant downtown Leduc and only a 5 minute drive from the airport. Our hotel includes 95 gorgeous rooms, including 2 Jacuzzi suites 5,000 square feet of banquet / meeting space, O’Brian’s Restaurant & Grill and Jonathan’s Lounge. As part of the Denham Hospitality Organization, we proudly feature some of our region’s most popular food & beverage outlets & first class banquet & meeting space.
Proudly recognized in the top 25 hotels across Canada for Service Excellence from TripAdvisor, an Employer of Choice for 2018 from the Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association, consistently a top performer among Best Westerns across North America and a proven commitment to Health and Safety by maintain COR certification for over 14 years.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a talented hospitality professional with a passion for exceptional customer service and a drive for excellence. Our ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and a commitment to excellence. They will also demonstrate humility combined with passion & dedication, a positive & optimistic attitude, be open & approachable with an ability to inspire others.
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Front Desk Supervisor ensures that the Front Desk runs efficiently and profitably under the direction of the Front Office Manager. They lead, motivate and inspire the Front Desk team to deliver a high standard of customer service. The position includes working primarily evenings, providing hands on support for the Front Desk team and understanding the daily operations that surround the hub of the property.
Manage the daily operations of the Front Desk, ensuring maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Provide hands-on supervision to GSA's as they carry out their daily tasks.
- Implement clear guidelines on Front Office procedures and policies, and ensure these are followed consistently.
- Resolve guest issues and complaints as they arise, communicating areas of concern to the Front Office Manager
- Cover desk shifts and staff breaks
- Ensure that the hotel achieves maximum occupancy, while monitoring and resolving issues such as overbooking.
- Issue a weekly schedule, ensuring the desk is adequately staffed according to the expected business levels.
- Support Front Desk team in handling guest requests and enquiries to ensure a positive outcome
- Train new staff members in Opera PMS, payment processing, and hotel procedures and policies.
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Front Desk team
- Under the direction of the Front Office Manager, provide ongoing training and team activities to encourage the continued learning and development of Front Desk staff.
- Address performance issues promptly and consistently to ensure mistakes are learned from and standards met.
- Maintain and review procedures for emergency situations (power outages, floods, etc.), to ensure the safety of staff and guests.
- Ensure the Front Desk team have current knowledge of all room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, local area and other general product knowledge necessary to perform their duties
Carry out administrative duties as required to maintain the smooth running of the Front Office Department in conjunction with the Front Office Manager.
- Maintain all guest accounts, ensuring that billing information is accurate for check out.
- Ensure that Front Desk inventory (keys, gift items etc.) is properly tracked and recorded at regular intervals.
- Other tasks as required.
- This is a hands-on, customer facing role, with about 80% focus on daily operations and 20% administrative tasks.
- The successful applicant must be extremely flexible in their working hours to meet the varying demands of the business.
- Assist other departments, as necessary, and maintain good working relationships with hotel team members
The Ideal candidate has:
- Minimum 2 years previous supervisory experience in Hotel Front Office operations
- Strong working knowledge of the MSI Cloud based system is preferred
- Experience handling guest issues and complaints.
- An understanding of the challenges of a transient workforce and the impact this has on training and retention.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working a variety of shifts, including Audit
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- University degree or college diploma in Hotel/Tourism Management considered an asset
The ideal candidate is:
- Flexible; willing to divide their time between all shifts, adjusting their schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Approachable; an empathetic listener who can understand the needs of employees and support and mentor them to reach their goals.
- Organized; able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage a changing workload and meet tight project deadlines.
- Enthusiastic; able to motivate and encourage the Front Desk and to maximize their potential.
*Full time, permanent, primarily evenings and weekends including holidays
If you are a passionate, customer service oriented, team player please apply via email with a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is September 30, 2019