Contract Event Specialist
Banff and Lake Louise Tourism is seeking a Contract Event Specialist.
Banff and Lake Louise Tourism
TAKE OUR MESSAGE TO THE MOUNTAINTOP
INSPIRE THE WORLD TO EXPERIENCE BANFF AND LAKE LOUISE
Let your passion, creativity, and love of the mountain lifestyle come alive with Banff & Lake Louise Tourism. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the planning and delivery of SnowDays on a contract basis.
Taking place from January 15 to 26, 2020, SnowDays is Banff and Lake Louise’s annual signature winter festival and features a wide variety of activities including:
- Banff’s Bear Street Snow Sculpture Competition and Exhibition
- Ice Magic, Lake Louise’s international ice carving exhibition and competition
- TRIBUTE Craft Spirits Celebration
- The SnowDays Play Zone
The Contract Event Specialist will be a key member of the events team, supporting key areas of planning and logistics, ensuring that all events are delivered to the highest possible standard, delivering to visitors and participants the best-possible experience in Banff and Lake Louise.
- 3-5 years previous event planning experience;
- Strong project planning and project management skills;
- The ability to take initiative, prioritize and problem solve;
- Previous experience coordinating travel details and itinerary building;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Basic understanding of accounts payables processing;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Google Docs and Google Sheets;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work in cold weather for up to four hours at a time.
Application deadline is October 4, 2019, 5 p.m. MST. Please submit both your résumé and cover letter for consideration.