Quick answers to the questions you ask the most so we can get you listing up, up and away.
How do I set up an ATIS account?
Visit atis.travelalberta.com and simply click on Sign Up Now for FREE at the bottom of the page. From here, enter your first name, last name, business name, title, email and phone number. A link will arrive by email to verify your account and direct you to create a unique password. You are now on your way to creating your first listing.
Where do I log on to ATIS to manage my listing?
You can access ATIS by visiting atis.travelalberta.com and simply entering your username and password.
How much does it cost to list on ATIS?
ATIS is a free marketing tool developed by Travel Alberta to increase the reach of Alberta Tourism providers.
How many listings can I have?
There is no limit on the number of listings you can have in ATIS. Each ATIS account can have multiple listings and each listing can have multiple associated accounts. If you have access to a listing, you may edit, delete or view reports for that listing.
How long do my listings stay active?
Each content type has varying expiry dates.
- Listings never expire within ATIS. Your listing will appear in ATIS until you or another account with access to the listing deletes it.
- Events disappear once the event date has passed but the listing remains within the ATIS system for one year past the event end date. A notification is sent to accounts with access to the event listing one week before the listing is permanently deleted.
- Offers expire on the date selected by the user and can live in ATIS for up to one year from the date of entry. A notification will be sent to the accounts with access to the offer listing one week prior to the listing being permanently deleted from ATIS. Article listings never expire within ATIS, appearing in ATIS until you delete the content.
What does it mean to be market-ready?
Market-ready tourism product providers have a legally registered business and follow a defined business plan to provide their product in a way that meets typical customer needs and expectations. This includes having an online presence that represents their Alberta based business (or with content devoted to Alberta tourism product), delivering their service during defined business hours, and maintaining a minimum 24-48 hour response time to consumer requests during operating seasons.
What is considered a tourism product for ATIS?
To be considered a tourism product, a significant share of total expenditures on the product must be from leisure travellers. This implies the product may be significantly impacted in the absence of leisure travellers.
Natural attractions that can be correctly classified under the Natural Attraction ATIS Listing category are considered to be tourism products.
What do I include in an offer?
Travel offers can be created for any tourism product that has a price point. The price can represent a single product, such as admission price, or multiple tourism products packaged into one offer, such as a tour. The offer price point can be a sale price or regular retail price. All offers submitted into ATIS must be published on your website.
You must create a listing before you can add an offer into ATIS.
What do I include in an event?
An event must fall into one of the following categories:
- Agricultural Fairs – Includes agricultural fairs and exhibits that happen once a year over a maximum of 3 days.
- Arts and Performing Arts – through a professional or semi-professional organization.
- Cultural – An event or festival with a focus on cultural heritage or history.
- Culinary – Any event with a main focus on food/drink that is open to the public.
- Exhibits and Shows – Exhibitions and shows including arts/crafts and visual arts.
- Festival – A single or multi-day event that celebrates a particular theme such as film or music.
- Music and Concerts – any type of musical presentation performed by professional or semi-professional organizations.
- Sport Events – Individual or team sporting events involving professional or semi-professional athletes, or competitions by amateur athletes at the regional, provincial, national or international level.
Where is my listing displayed?
ATIS listings are displayed across Travel Alberta channels including travelalberta.com, industry.travelalberta.com, campaign websites, email marketing campaigns, social media, visitor information centres and contact centres, and has the potential to appear on other third-party sites through distribution agreements.
Can someone else manage my ATIS account?
Yes, set up an ATIS account with a general email that distributes any incoming email to a list of personal emails within your organization, making it easier to maintain your account if another account member moves on. Anyone with access to your listings can edit, delete or view reporting for the listing. You will receive email notifications for any new offers added that is attached to a business listing if you allow a third-party the ability to add offers under your business name.
I have forgotten my username and password – what do I do?
You can have your username and password emailed to you by using the forgot password feature at atis.travelalberta.com. This feature sends your username or new password to the email address on your ATIS account. If you do not receive a response when using this feature, please email us at email@example.com to confirm or change the email address on your account.
How long will it take for my information and postings to appear on travelalberta.com
It can take up to 48 hours for listings and events to be approved. It will take up to 10 business days for articles to be approved.
I have a Listing on ATIS but do not have access to it
If a listing for your business already exists, you may request access by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to create an account in ATIS before we can transfer the listing to your name.
Is there account support I can access?
Yes. Email us email@example.com or call 1-833-490-2843.