Travel Alberta invites individuals and organizations to submit breakout session proposals for the 21st Annual Travel Alberta Industry Conference in Banff, October 25-27, 2020. This conference is an educational and networking event attended by more than 600 people from across Alberta.
We invite presentations on the following topic areas: marketing (including content marketing, social media and traditional outlets), Alberta tourism success stories, customer service, leadership, industry disruption, staff training and empowerment, or other tourism-related and marketing topics.
Sessions are typically 45-55 minutes in length. We also welcome submissions for sessions that can be offered as a two part series in the conference program. Travel Alberta encourages more than one submission from the same speaker. Panel presentations may not have more than three speakers.
Please include the following personal information with your submission:
- Organization/business name
- Full mailing address
- Contact telephone number
- Email address
- Years of experience in the tourism industry
- Professional credentials
- Brief personal bio (approximately 100 words)
- Please include the above information for any co-speakers or panelists.
- Presentation title (maximum 10 words)
- Target audience
- Level of session (beginner, intermediate or advanced)
- Brief description of presentation (50-75 words)
- Learning objectives (minimum two, maximum four)
- Presentation format (classroom, panel discussion, interactive workshop)
- Number of times the presenter is willing to present the session throughout the conference
- Date and place topic was last presented (if applicable)
- Short video clip or link to YouTube for video of previous speaking engagement
Criteria for review of submissions:
- Clear indication of topic, and presentation material
- Clear indication of learning objectives for delegates (what will our delegates get out of the session?)
- Relevance to the tourism industry
- Number of submissions within a topic area
- Speaker is a subject matter expert
- Speaker has prior experience speaking to large groups
All submissions will be reviewed by the Travel Alberta Industry Conference Committee. The conference committee reserves the right to accept any or none of the submissions received. All committee decisions are final.
Each speaker will receive one full conference registration which will include a ticket to the Alto Gala evening. As is requested by the selected speakers, transportation and hotel expenses will be reimbursed.
Deadline for submission: March 6, 2020
All submissions must be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presentation submissions sent after the deadline will not be reviewed. Notification of selected speaker(s)/presentations will be no later than May 1, 2020.