Specialist, Global Social Media
- Apr 3, 2016
- Mar 23, 2016
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully-spirited adventurers lead in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta.
Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, then Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
Reporting to the Manager, Global Media the Specialist, Global Social Media is responsible for:
- Developing, planning and sharing compelling content across all of Travel Alberta’s social media channels in North America and international markets that is brand aligned and positions Alberta as a destination of choice for travellers. Core channels include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and new channels as appropriate ensuring Travel Alberta continues to be in the forefront of social media community management.
- Working cross functionally with team members to ensure integration, leveraging all social media programs and campaigns as it relates to Travel Alberta’s global brand and marketing strategies.
- Managing, monitoring and responding to community postings on all channels.
- Regularly listening and engaging with Alberta tourism partners sharing stories from across the province with Travel Alberta’s social media communities.
- Possesses ability to identify potential issues and quickly work with the team to manage and respond to such situations in a timely and professional manner.
- Understanding of the social media influencer landscape and how to integrate influencer content into social media for Travel Alberta.
- Continually keeping abreast of social media marketing trends, Destination Canada initiatives in Travel Alberta’s core markets, insights, brand strategy and market research to assess our social media direction and competitiveness.
- Provide feedback and assistance to the greater Travel Alberta team to regularly assess our marketing approach as social media continually changes and evolves.
- Submitting expenses, budgeting and reporting (as required) in a timely manner.
- Two years relevant experience sharing content on social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube on behalf of an organization.
- Strong understanding of social media publishing standards for organic content sharing and adhering to brand standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail and editing skills.
- Extremely high ethics and personal judgement.
- Experience managing multiple projects working concurrently with competing deadlines.
- Knowledge of the tourism industry and marketing environments is considered an asset.
Your degree in Marketing, Communications, or related area is complemented with two years of experience working in social media in a corporate setting. Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point, now it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta.
Some domestic travel is required.
Employment Status: Full Time.
Please note: Willingness to engage in some evening and weekend work as required.
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (Employee Assistance Provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s Learning and Development program which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
In 2014, Travel Alberta was recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: April 3, 2016
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to: email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.