- Aug 26, 2016
- Aug 11, 2016
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully spirited adventurers lead in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta. Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
The Coordinator, Finance provides financial compliance and administration support within Travel Alberta and specifically for the Global Consumer Marketing line of business contributing to the accuracy, proficiency and accountability of the Global Consumer Marketing Team. The position plays a pivotal role in internal processes and communication between the Finance Team and the Global Consumer Marketing Team.
Reporting and Analysis
- Proactively work with Global Consumer Marketing team to collect performance measures that contribute to the Global Consumer Marketing performance indicators and Corporate Scorecard
- Create tables, graphs and charts on collected data
- Compile and compare data collected on projects for consistency and efficiencies in reporting across projects, markets and segments
- Standardize processes and procedures to maximize productivity for the Global Consumer Marketing Team in compliance with internal financial requirements
- Prepare management and financial reports as required for internal and/or external stakeholders
Budget Management and Forecasting
- Assist the VP, Global Consumer Marketing Team with the development of the annual line of business operating budget
- Monitor, update and reconcile project, market and business unit budgets on an on-going basis
- Proactively communicate with Global Consumer Marketing Team to ensure project planning compliance with budget allocations for each fiscal year
- Organize and perform monthly and quarterly accruals
- Assist team in quarterly budget reforecasting
- Communicate financial requirements to team and proactively manage internal financial deadlines to ensure compliance to monthly, quarterly, and year-end timelines
- Ensure that account receivable transactions comply with financial policies, procedures and requirements.
- Ensure accuracy in posting against project and general ledger codes.
- Prepare invoice requisitions
- Follow-up on outstanding Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable invoices as required.
- Proactively identify and communicate needs between the Global Consumer Marketing Team and Finance
Expenses & Disclosure
- Prepare monthly expenses for VP, Global Consumer Marketing
- Reconcile expenses for greater Global Consumer Marketing team and in-market representatives.
- Reconcile third-party contractor expenses, as applicable
- Assist in the preparation of expense and grant funding reports in accordance with disclosure requirements
Project Authorization and Contract Administration
- Coordinate project authorizations and all supporting documentation with the Global Consumer Marketing t team to ensure full compliance to internal processes
- Assist Global Consumer Marketing team in completing internal forms and processes for Contractual Agreements, Partnership Agreements and Purchase Orders
- Assist with requests for proposals, request for quotes and other documentation related to Contractual Agreements as required
Communication and Stakeholder Relations
- Update, deliver or coordinate training for the Global Consumer Marketing team on changes related to internal policies, procedures and forms
- Ensure regular communication and budget sharing with the Finance Coordinator, Business Development Lead for International Markets and Finance Coordinator, Business Development
- Actively participate in meetings with the Finance Team, Global Consumer Marketing Team and other internal committees and business units as it relates to Finance
- Provide budget and finance updates as part of the regular calls with in-market representatives
- Adapt working schedule to ensure availability for regularly scheduled calls with in-market teams outside of regular office working hours
- Identify potential risks to operation and proactively advise the appropriate team member in a timely manner
- Provide information for external stakeholders and audit requests
Database and Systems Management
- Ensure timely input of financial data into CRM system
- Pull sales reports to supplement financial reporting
- Coordinate and monitor internal systems for consistency within and across lines of business.
- Assist with implementation of financial compliance and new technology requirements within Travel Alberta
- Provide financial input and expertise for marketing or grant applications
- Provide reports and financial assistance to the Finance Team or Senior Leadership Team as required
- Assist with record management, sourcing and archiving as required
- Provide financial support to other business units during absences and holidays
- Provide back-up reception duties when required
- Support marketing activities as required
Your degree or diploma in Accounting, Business, or related area is complemented with three to five years of experience working in a Finance Coordinator role. Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point, now it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta
Limited domestic travel is required
Employment status: Full Time
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Management Employee Pension Plan (MEPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (employee assistance provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s learning and development program, which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
In 2014, Travel Alberta was recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: August 26, 2016
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations, with the title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.